Crimson Editor Context files for .s source files

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Twilighte
Game master

Crimson Editor Context files for .s source files

Post by Twilighte »

Crimson Editor is a free text editor i use for all source code editing under Windows. It uses Link, Spec and Key files for contextual highlighting of source code and stuff :p

http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

Anyway i've only just returned to look at O-Type source again (having had an inspiration to sort out the level scripting) and thought it nice to set up these files in Crimson to make my source files much more legable.

There are three files.
A Link file that links the extension (.s) to the .Key file (Holds keywords and directive words) and the .Spec file which holds the syntax of a .s document. Files are below...

http://www.defence-force.org/ftp/forum/ ... 02-asm.zip

If you are interested in using these files then place each file as follows...

extension.s - Put in /programfiles/Crimson Editor/link directory
6502-asm.key - Put in /programfiles/Crimson Editor/spec directory
6502-asm.spc - Put in /programfiles/Crimson Editor/spec directory

Note if you installed crimson to somewhere other than program files the above address will be slightly different :p
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks Twilighte!

I was looking for a good editor for Oric programming for my Windows-7 PC, and having something with syntax coloring is great!

You might want to add the SEC keyword, which is missing. Also XA supports comments using /* and */, so maybe adding those would be a good idea.

Oh, and xa also supports some other preprocessor directives which are quite useful (such as #ifdef, #else, #endif,...) and I think they are not being colored (?).

Others which might be missing are the segments (.data, .zero, ...) the .word and .asc,...

I will have a look at how to manage projects with this...

Thanks again! And it's great to see you put your hands on OType again :)
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

I'm an Editplus fan myself. I made a Z80 syntax definition for it years ago. If anyone like Editplus, I can probably make an XA syntax for it.
JamesD
Flight Lieutenant

Post by JamesD »

I use Notpad++. I wrote syntax configurations for several CPUs and I think the 6502 was one of them. I don't know how complete it is and it was probably not XA syntax.
barnsey123
Flight Lieutenant

Post by barnsey123 »

Crimson all the way for me (use it all the time at work and for Oric stuff)