OSDK 0.019

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Dbug
Site Admin

OSDK 0.019

Post by Dbug »

This update is a bug fix release for the issues found by Chema:

Version 0.018 - January the 15th 2011
- Upgraded XA to the version 2.2.3
- Added TapTool 1.0 - Should work as a drop-in replacement for Tap2CD, in the future will provide in one tool all the functionalities of Tap2Wav, Tap2CD and Tap2DSK.
- Added DskTool 1.0 - Should work as a drop-in replacement for Old2Mfm, in the future will provide in one tool all the functionalities of Old2Mfm, Raw2Mfm, CRCFix, Init, MakeDsk, ...

You can get this version 0.019 here:
http://osdk.defence-force.org/files/osdk_0_019.zip

Give me feedback please, I need to know if I did not break anything.
Also it would be nice if BASIC programmers could give a try !

I strongly advice you to install it on the side of the version your already use, just change your OSDK variable to point to the new folder, and if anything happens to not work, please signal the issue here, and continue to use your previous version instead.

Now about this version, there are more changes than what is indicated in the change history. Basically I tried to find out all these small tweaks and changes I made, including fixes for Chema, fixes for Barnsey, stuff I did for myself as well, etc... so it may contain more fixes, it may also contain bugs here and there. So if you find out anything weird, try to isolate the part that fails.

Thanks !

PS: Concerning using the OSDK under WINE, yes it is doable but there are some small issues: The installation process using WINE is in the OSDK documentation. I will try to fix the small glitches that when I'm done with the real bugs.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Does something change on the source code (expect for XA that was updated)?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:Does something change on the source code (expect for XA that was updated)?
Not sure I understand the question :)
If you ask about your Oric software source code to be built with XA, no in theory it should all be compatible.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Hi Dbug.

Just tested the new version. I noticed a few things:

- Needed to change make.bat in the bin directory, as it still called the old old2mfm, so I entered:

Code: Select all

%OSDK%\bin\dsktool.exe build\%OSDKNAME%.DSK
-dsktool says in the message it is based on tap2cd or something like that, the same message as taptool.

-taptool may replace tap2cd (be careful with this, as we are currently working on a new version of tap2cd), but still does not replace tap2dsk, which does not work in my system. I recompiled it and it works now here.

After these changes I built and tested 1337, Space:1999 and Skool Daze with OSDK 0.019 and all of them worked!

EDIT: Sorry, I should have said that Fabrice Frances is working on a new version of tap2cd, based on some issues I found on my 1.1a ROM and some other ideas...
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Dbug wrote:
Godzil wrote:Does something change on the source code (expect for XA that was updated)?
If you ask about your Oric software source code to be built with XA, no in theory it should all be compatible.
I asked about the source code of the different tools in the SDK (I'm currently trying to make it working under a unix env without using wine, so I'm trying to make the whole thing compilable with a simple makefile ;) (ok in fact, I'm using cmake, not make ;))
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:
Dbug wrote:
I asked about the source code of the different tools in the SDK (I'm currently trying to make it working under a unix env without using wine, so I'm trying to make the whole thing compilable with a simple makefile ;) (ok in fact, I'm using cmake, not make ;))
I did not update the SVN depot, I was waiting first for positive feedback: No need to pollute the depot with a broken version. But since apparently my new version works fine for everybody I will update the SVN during the week end.

Concerning Fabrice tools, I've no problem with using his versions, but then he should use a 64 bit compatible compiler, like mingw32. If he keeps compiling for DOS it's not going to work.

The second thing that I found annoying is to have two different tools for Tap2Wav and Tap2CD: This should be the same tool with different parameters to define if you want the normal output or the turbo output.

What do you think?
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Dbug wrote: The second thing that I found annoying is to have two different tools for Tap2Wav and Tap2CD: This should be the same tool with different parameters to define if you want the normal output or the turbo output.

What do you think?
I completely agree. Just note that there might be a new version of Tap2CD soon.

About Fabrice's tools, it is a matter of recompiling them. I am sure he does not care at all, but we can ask...

Are you going to tweak the make.bat, Dbug, or leave it calling the old versions?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

It all depends: My news tools were there just for testing purpose, I needed feedback about if they work or not.

Now, if you can provide me with new "windows friendly" versions of Fabrice's tools, I can just replace the old ones by the new ones and discard mine until they actually bring new features.

I don't mind recompiling other's people stuff, but the thing is: When I'm done making the makefile and the configuration and the icon, and adding stuff in the history file... I feel like adding more stuff to the program.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

The SVN depot is now updated with the latest bug fixes, documentation and source code changes (ie: matches my 0.019 version)