osdk : xa and vectors (headers)

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

jede
Flying Officer

osdk : xa and vectors (headers)

Post by jede »

Hello,

We have headers for C compilers, but i think there is not xa vectors for VIA, ROMatmos etc am i wrong ?

For example, we could have romatmos.h which contains hires vectors. VIA vectors etc.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

This is correct, but I believe it's the wrong way to do it.
Extending a way to make sure your program works ONLY on Oric 1 OR Oric Atmos is not what I want.
What I would really prefer is to have a way to provide a seamless system to give the address of the correct location in ROM, so whatever you write would work on the Oric 1 AND the Oric Atmos.

Sure that would take a bit more room in the executable, but most people who use the ROM calls are doing it from C anyway, so in the grand scheme of things it's not that much of a problem.
jede
Flying Officer

Post by jede »

Dbug wrote:This is correct, but I believe it's the wrong way to do it.
Extending a way to make sure your program works ONLY on Oric 1 OR Oric Atmos is not what I want.
What I would really prefer is to have a way to provide a seamless system to give the address of the correct location in ROM, so whatever you write would work on the Oric 1 AND the Oric Atmos.

Sure that would take a bit more room in the executable, but most people who use the ROM calls are doing it from C anyway, so in the grand scheme of things it's not that much of a problem.
I am talking about that because i think there is not common headers for VIA address example (xa and C).
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

For VIA and common hardware stuff, yes that would be nice to have because they are the same on Oric 1 and Atmos.

What I don't want is only the system addresses and ROM stuff which is different between machines: As soon as we make all that available people will use them, which means that we will be absolutely certain that this new software will absolutely not work on anything else than the model of machine the defines were defined for :)