Xa and include

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

jede
Flying Officer

Xa and include

Post by jede »

Hello,

Some tools exists to convert binary file to xa syntax. Anyway, i don't know if the version of xa in osdk contains a "includebin" directive.

There is a xa version on the internet with this feature, but i don't know if we have this in osdk version
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

The XA version in the OSDK is derived from the 6+ years old last release of the original author, so no it does not contain the new includebin.
That being said you can put the other XA in your OSDK folder if you wish.
jede
Flying Officer

Post by jede »

Dbug wrote:The XA version in the OSDK is derived from the 6+ years old last release of the original author, so no it does not contain the new includebin.
That being said you can put the other XA in your OSDK folder if you wish.
If i have enough time i'll try to add it on the current xa. I tried to checkout svn, and it works
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I mean: Do that on your own install, the point is not to replace the OSDK version by the other XA. We have to make sure that 100% of our existing software works fine first.

I fixed a number of issues in the old XA, and I'm not entirely certain that they have been fixed in the new ones. Typically that was C64 string handling stuff which was fucking up Oric ones, some bugs in the handling of comments, etc...
jede
Flying Officer

Post by jede »

Dbug wrote:I mean: Do that on your own install, the point is not to replace the OSDK version by the other XA. We have to make sure that 100% of our existing software works fine first.

I fixed a number of issues in the old XA, and I'm not entirely certain that they have been fixed in the new ones. Typically that was C64 string handling stuff which was fucking up Oric ones, some bugs in the handling of comments, etc...
I was talking about your xa current version (adding a kind of includebin).
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Sure, it's something that was on my todo list but never found the time to do it.

Be careful, the code is quite different from the original XA, and now it's C++ as well.