OSDK 1.13

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Dbug
Site Admin

OSDK 1.13

Post by Dbug »

The version 1.13 of the OSDK is now available, with the following changes:

- Upgraded Bas2Tap to version 2.1, with better handling of defines and DATA instructions
- Added a missing EQ0W_C macro for the C compiler.
- Added a missing reference to Sedoric in the library library index file

As usual, the OSDK is available on the download page at
http://www.osdk.org/index.php?page=download

As usual, please report any issue, changing things like the Linker or build script tend to have side effects for people who used different projects setups
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Re: OSDK 1.13

Post by waskol »

I updated taptap a few weeks ago. I noticed that the one provided with OSDK was an old buggy version.
Now, taptap is on github and also compatible Windows/Linux

See this thread :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1874

Thumbs up for OSDK
NekoNoNiaow
Flight Lieutenant

Post by NekoNoNiaow »

Nice, thanks for the new version!

My test code works nicely with the OSDK 1.1 so I will be updating to 1.13 very soon.

I was very happy to find that some of the preprocessor macros I had been trying to do in 2002 for the SOTA party and which failed miserably with the OSDK version of back then, now work like a charm with OSDK 1.1. That will simplify my mixed C/ASM tests quite a bit!
romualdl
Officer Cadet

Post by romualdl »

Just a few things since I've been messing with some oric tools. ;)
OSDK is not very DOSBOX compliant ;) since DOSBOX doesn't take long filenames (so sample files builds end up not working)
\bin tools (some of them not tested them all) return "can't be run in dos mode". I guess there's no solution but the OSDK documentation might be a little more explicit on this in order to save some time ;)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

The OSDK is not DOS compliant because it is WIN32 applications, they run fine on 32 bit and 64 bit Windows, as well as in Linux using Wine.

Why do you want to use DosBox? The main reason for having switched the main emulator of the OSDK from Euphoric to Oricutron was that Euphoric was not running on 64bit windows, and having to use DosBox to run it was a major hassle.

Regarding the documentation, I did not thought of indicating that it was not a dos environment, but I guess I could specify that, as well as the fact it does not run on MacOS, AmigaOS, Solaris, AIX, CP/M, TOS, ... :)
romualdl
Officer Cadet

Post by romualdl »

Hehe mybad then :)
Since I was setting up dosbox for Euphoric I did not even tried it another way than just calling osdk and bins from dosbox. ;)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Any reason why you want to use Euphoric instead of Oricutron?
Both are present in the OSDK, the default behavior is to call Oricutron mostly because it's the most practical to use on a modern machine.
romualdl
Officer Cadet

Post by romualdl »

As explained in the Oricutron thread, I wanted to test some basic stuff and no way to paste basic content from clipboard with Oricutron, would go in monitor mode randomly with no way to exit. The same with loading the bas file from a disk, Oricutron would enter the monitor mode.
I will try tonight with the link given in the afore-mentioned thread.
I will also try to set the osdk env var within windows tonight but never done it with windows10 (don't even know how to do it I will see). ;)