I recently got back into Oric development (with the OSDK) and noticed that there is 6502 assembly syntax coloring for Notepad++, however not being a fan of Notepad++ I wondered if there were other IDEs or editors which offered extensions usable for Oric development?
As IDEs/editors I tend to use the following:
- Sublime Text
- Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Code (just testing it from time to time).
- Kick Assembler (it is a C64 assembler but maybe the syntax coloring could be reused).
- New addition: the package "65816" which offers the "CC65" syntax coloring which also covers 6502/6510 syntax.
- Dasm macro assembler
- MADS, 6502/65816 Assembly language, MADS syntax highlighting
- Beeb VSC, 6502 developmemnt environment (BBC Mcro/BeebASm).
- cc65 for 6502/65816 machines (CC65 Plugin for Compiling and Linking C & Assembly)
- Acme Cross Assembler (C64), Acme Cross-Assembler for VS Code (C64)
Note that I use both Windows 7 and MacOS for home coding so I tend to gravitate toward solutions which exist for both, that is mainly Sublime Text and VS Code (but I keep an eye on Visual Studio Mac in case it ever gets feature parity with the Windows version).
Do you guys use other IDEs/editors and if so, which extensions do your rely on for syntax coloring, build configurations, cross compilations, etc?