OSDK 0.014

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Dbug
Site Admin

OSDK 0.014

Post by Dbug »

New version, that contains modifications for Chemo :)

Version 0.014 - June 2006
Some new features in PictConv
- If there is something specified after -o3 or -o4 modes, it's used as a label name to use when generating source code data.
- If there is a 'z' specified after -f0 mode (monochrome conversion), it means that bit 6 should not be set in converted bytes
- Added -n switch to set the number of values per line (stolen from Bin2Txt !)
Update the documentation page about PictConv, it was severly lacking some important details -like file formats-

This means that now, instead of:

Code: Select all

%OSDK%\bin\PictConv -f0 -o4 pic.png pic.s
you can now do this:

%OSDK%\bin\PictConv -f0z -o4 pic.png pic.s
or this:

%OSDK%\bin\PictConv -f0 -o4LabelIsoSprite pic.png pic.s
If you want to ouput the picture from a monochrome image, as a C file, containing 3 bytes per line, without setting bit 6 of generate bytes, just do that:

%OSDK%\bin\PictConv -f0z -n3 -o4SpriteChemo pic.png pic.s

As usual, you can find the archive for the OSDK in the following page of Defence Force:
http://www.defence-force.org/computing/ ... /index.htm

Please note that the individual pages for downloading FilePack and PictConv are totaly out of date, I will remove them because updating them is so cumbersome.

Give me feedback please :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Mike,

Thanks again for the update in PictConv...

I have downloaded the new version of the osdk and I found out problems whith WHITE+NOISE. The project compiles OK, but the executable crashes or does not work properly.

I thought it was a problem with Euphoric, so I replaced it with the version and the ini file from the old osdk, but it stills behaves strangely (corrupt graphics and sometimes some keys do not work). I moved the generated TAP file and run it directly with my Euphoric version (to see if there was a problem with the ROM) and the same happened again.

When I switch back to the old version (which the documentation states to be 0.009) and recompile, everything works OK. As I have no news of the demo crashing (it was compiled with my old version), I suppose some changes in the libraries might be the reason... Any clue?

Regards,
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Could you send me the two tap files, one compiled with 0.009 and one compiled with 0.014, and eventually the project so I can see what the problem is.

Reason is that I also corrected problems in the assembleur, and fabrice made some changes in the compiler.

All that together may result in code generation problems.

And if I see your project, I will perhaps even find some better way to optimise the whole stuff, because so far it was very based on heuristicts :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Dbug wrote:Could you send me the two tap files, one compiled with 0.009 and one compiled with 0.014, and eventually the project so I can see what the problem is.

Reason is that I also corrected problems in the assembleur, and fabrice made some changes in the compiler.

All that together may result in code generation problems.

And if I see your project, I will perhaps even find some better way to optimise the whole stuff, because so far it was very based on heuristicts :)
Sure!... Your email address?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I replied in PM, but you could have noticed that the fact of being logged-in on the forum give you access yo the email adress of all registered members :)

Check at the bottom of this message for example :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Dbug wrote:I replied in PM, but you could have noticed that the fact of being logged-in on the forum give you access yo the email adress of all registered members :)

Check at the bottom of this message for example :)
I see four buttons at the bottom of your message, but not your email address, not even in your profile data... unless you mean the msn thingy.

A button with my email does appear after my posts, as I have it in my profile.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Ok, I made a version 0.015 at the same place than usual.

Anyway you can patch your version to see if it works better (was a ridiculous problem, and all my fault, I released a test version that had a commented out line).

Just go in your OSDK/LIB folder, and edit header.s, in line 21 (between ".zero" and "ap .dsb 2" you need to get "*=$50" without the // in front of it)

Should solve the problems :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Dbug wrote:Ok, I made a version 0.015 at the same place than usual.

Anyway you can patch your version to see if it works better (was a ridiculous problem, and all my fault, I released a test version that had a commented out line).

Just go in your OSDK/LIB folder, and edit header.s, in line 21 (between ".zero" and "ap .dsb 2" you need to get "*=$50" without the // in front of it)

Should solve the problems :)
Thanks Dbug!

Impressive time of response :)

Cheers.