OSDK's test suite

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Dbug
Site Admin

OSDK's test suite

Post by Dbug »

To make the evolution and porting of the OSDK easier to manage, I started a "Test Suite" that will help track the regressions.
http://miniserve.getmyip.com/svn/public ... TestSuite/

The idea is simple: Run the suite with a particular version of the OSDK, running the tools on a known set of files and compute the MD5 of the generated files.
Then run the suite with another version of the tools, and check that the MD5 are identical.

I did it only for PictConv so far, but in time I will extend that to the other tools.
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Re: OSDK's test suite

Post by Hialmar »

That's a very good idea.
Last edited by Hialmar on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

But what if we made some optimisation on the produced code? This check will fail in this case
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:But what if we made some optimisation on the produced code? This check will fail in this case
Yes indeed, but in this case it's an expected failure: When this happen you run the tester in generation code and then you update the SVN depot with the updated MD5 list matching the new version of the code.