All the issues of Micr'oric are now on Defence Force

Here is the place to discuss about the magazines (CEO Mag, OUM, Rhetoric, Theoric, Hebdogiciel, ... are all welcome here) and books.
Dbug
Site Admin

All the issues of Micr'oric are now on Defence Force

Post by Dbug »

Thanks to François Schuler I've been able to collect the 10 issues of Micr'Oric, they can be downloaded on the Oric Library:
http://www.defence-force.org/computing/ ... /index.htm

The files are not compressed, they are direct links to PDF, the reason is that it makes it possible to consult the magazines directly from the browser.

When I have time I will do the same thing with Theoric
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Some of the PDF were made from scans I made years ago.
I'm not looking for credit here :wink:, just that when I made the scans, I had two objectives:
1- trying to make them as "light" as possible to fit all the magazines on a CD, so I used monochrom scan. Good for the text, but the pictures look crappy
2- trying to have a minimal quality, so I double-scanned the pages which had photos, in 256 grey scale.

I see the PDF used only the monochrom pages even for the pictures :shock:, so if you ever want to make a new PDF, which will be bigger in size but in better quality for the pictures, I can still provide the scans in 256 greys.
This is for Micr'Oric 1, 4 and 6. I scanned too (in jpeg this time) a promotional issue for the Sicob 1983. Let me know if you want it !

IIRC, most of the other scans (Micr'Oric and Theoric), were made by Chrisitan L.
Last edited by Symoon on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

There was better quality scans on Abandonware-Magazines, but I don't have the software to convert jpg to pdf. Tried one that miserably fucked up my system.

Guess we can do a pass of cleaning/improvement later on :)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I thought it was the same source for both sites ?
Anyway I'll try and find a way to make a PDF of those Jpeg files so you can have the promotional issue too. Never made a PDF in my life ! :oops:
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I only checked one random one on each site, one had very nice high res color scans, the other one had smaller resolution scans.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I just made the PDF of the promotional issue of Micr'Oric, wohooo ! (using PDF Creator, quite easy).

Dbug, could you send me the coordinates (FTP ?) where I should send it for you ? (8.3MB big). Thanks !
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Just send my mail :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Cool 8)
Now you do have the only really complete Micr'Oric collection :D