Oric Atmos Manual in English

Here is the place to discuss about the magazines (CEO Mag, OUM, Rhetoric, Theoric, Hebdogiciel, ... are all welcome here) and books.
flip
Private

Oric Atmos Manual in English

Post by flip »

Hi everyone,

I've been searching high and low for a scan of the english version of the Atmos Manual, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. So I decided it would be worthwhile scanning one in and making it available for those not wanting to master French :?

It's the 9876543 (thin paper) version, but I believe there's no difference to the thicker version...

It's too big to upload here (about 4.5 Mb), so here's a link http://www.mediafire.com/view/ybxl8rbdw ... ual_EN.pdf

If you find any errors (missing, double pages etc) let me know and I'll correct, but I think it's all there. Only non-original thing is the cover, as that was too damaged to scan properly.

Enjoy!

FliP
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Oric Atmos Manual in English

Post by peacer »

Thank you very much for your efforts. It is very helpful, clean and handy.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Surprising high-quality scan, with mostly usable copy-pastable sections :)
(There's the usual "l" vs "1" mistakes, but it does not really matter as long as it's readable)

Nice job, I will try to get it on the Oric Library at http://www.defence-force.org/computing/ ... /index.htm when I can find 5 minutes.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks flip! I have the original Book, but an electronic copy is really handy, and it is a good quality scan indeed.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

BTW, I finally get an english version of the Atmos manual this weekend, and found that the French one is not a simple translation, they made some changes as some program exist in one and not on the other (some more advanced music programs on the French one) where the English one show the "trick" to display more colours.

Funny :)

Edit: hum no the sound chapter is nearly the same, nothing more advanced on the french one, I didn't see the Android program, that was in fact present.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »