Sedoric directories

This is the best place to discuss about the various Oric operating systems like Sedoric, Randos, FT-Dos, and others, as well as serious software, utilities, word processors, disassemblers, etc... that runs on oric computers.
Symoon
Archivist

Sedoric directories

Post by Symoon »

I just realised I never released on the Internet my demo of Sedoric directories.
Old and unfinished, but there it is.
http://www.oric.org/index.php?page=soft ... m_log=2232
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Sedoric directories

Post by ibisum »

Very interesting Symoon! Looks like it might have led to something wonderful .. ;)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

It could have been ;)
But as many know, having a demo is rather easy, then most of the work is turning it into a nicely shaped finished product.
I needed many things to do so:
- finding how to present it (on its way with the "*" indicating a directory... But displaying the path would be quite a complicated story)
- writing or modifying all kind of commands to manage files from one directory to another, delete a complete directory, ...
- to do this, finding exactly how much room left there is in the kernel (almost none)
- to do this, update the docs with the latest patches upgrading Sedoric
- understanding how to write new commands in Sedoric (adding banks probably)

I'd have loved to do this but it would require me stopping doing anything else for a while, and I know I'm not able to do that! ;) (still admiring the concentration ability and efficience of our Oric programming masters)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

What about putting all the source code and documentation on the SVN repository?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

So to speak, there is no source code, except machine code written on paper ;-) (I never learnt assembler)
That being said, I think I wrote articles describing it in detail in the CEO Mag. Thing is I worked on it again in 2004, fixing things, and never wrote much on it IIRC... Complicated thing again: I wrote pathes for Sedoric, so I'd have to document the patch, and its implementation (how it's changing Sedoric kernnel)
So in brief: I'd have to update and clean all this up a little before, then learning how to access to a SVN server (and making room on my hard drive before I guess, 400MB left makes it hard installing anything new ;-))

(as you can see, I don't spend much time managing things proprely ;-))