Porting Sedoric to Jasmin (sedoric source code ?)

This is the best place to discuss about the various Oric operating systems like Sedoric, Randos, FT-Dos, and others, as well as serious software, utilities, word processors, disassemblers, etc... that runs on oric computers.
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Porting Sedoric to Jasmin (sedoric source code ?)

Post by mmu_man »

Before writing floppy support for LUnix, I'd like to limit the number of filesystems I have to support. As it seems Sedoric is the most widely used now, and it only supports microdisc while I only have a Jasmin2.
So I want to port sedoric to support the jasmin hardware. After looking into Sedoric 3.0 à nu it seems the hardware dependant part is relatively small. Also the book has the commented source code (full ?). But it would be simpler to have the original source files in build order. Are they available anywhere or do I need to extract the bins from floppy images and disassemble them by hand ?
What is the latest version, I think I saw a screenshot saying "3.6", was it a fake or something ??
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

I've written an info file for da65 (from cc65) to get a readable disasm of the kernel:

http://revolf.free.fr/oric/sedoric.zip

It seems the FDC is accessed only from XRWTS, so replacing it should be doable. Only the microdisc control reg is accessed elsewhere, but not much.