And the CEO ?

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
NekoNoNiaow
Flight Lieutenant

Re: And the CEO ?

Post by NekoNoNiaow »

Ah, that is too bad, I will be in France the week right after the 16th. :(
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

Same for me... I'll be on hols in Crete till the 16th, returning in the evening... :? :(

It would be great if the meeting could be rescheduled on the 23rd or the 30th... I asked on forums.oric.org, but I doubt it will be possible, though there's nothing wrong in asking !!!
flag_fr RetrOric, aka laurentd75 flag_uk
            GitHub - RetrOric
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

A new visu is planned. Save the date : 2022, June 18th (10am-6pm)

https://ceo.oric.org/visu/
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

I'd like to go but the train is still expensive, and the car sharing I find is either too late or starting far from my place…
Also the registration on their forum is disabled so I can't can't post there.
Anyone going from Valence or Lyon/Grenoble maybe?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

coco.oric wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:10 pm A new visu is planned. Save the date : 2022, June 18th (10am-6pm)

https://ceo.oric.org/visu/
What could be kind of cool, is to have a laptop in the visu room with for example a google video, zoom or jitsi running in a corner so people could take a look at what happens (from afar of course) and eventually have people show cool stuff :)
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Dbug wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:47 am What could be kind of cool, is to have a laptop in the visu room with for example a google video, zoom or jitsi running in a corner so people could take a look at what happens (from afar of course) and eventually have people show cool stuff :)
Or just a recording to be watched later.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Also the registration on their forum is disabled so I can't can't post there.
??? it's not, https://ceo.oric.org/register/ to set up your profile then wait validation (may be it can take a few days) and use the forum
hat could be kind of cool, is to have a laptop in the visu room with for example a google video, zoom or jitsi running in a corner so people could take a look at what happens (from afar of course) and eventually have people show cool stuff
we tried once. but it's a constraint, and linked to indivual people who don't want to appear on the net, it's complicated to keep exchanges natural. i don't think we'll do it. we're not organised with presentations like it's done for kansasfest ...
however, i'm taking some tools to take pics and vids. may be i'll post some contents.
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

coco.oric wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:43 am we tried once. but it's a constraint, and linked to indivual people who don't want to appear on the net, it's complicated to keep exchanges natural
Understand partly, but maybe you could record only the presentations, not the participants in the room?
Problem of course that either in practice the E in CEO should be an F, or there should be some way to facilitate members outside of France. Definately will not book a Thalys and a hotel just for a CEO meeting (although you might actually have French members for whom the travel would be longer and more cumbersome than for me living in Utrecht, have a rather good connection by train to Paris actually, certainly with the venue close to the Paris Nord station. Door to door travel I see on Google Maps is actually just over four hours for me. Pricy though, especially with the needed hotel).

(Will remain a member anyway by the way, as I want to support the community, occasionally have benefit from the CEO website materials although they are in French and your contribution fee is extremely reasonable, actually much less than what I pay for for example the Dutch Commodore association).
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Well yes, doing the trip within a day is possible, Twilighte did it sometimes. And I myself went once in Birmingham from Paris by train, within a day (that was a short stay there, though, like 2-3 hours). And did the same to London two times in the past.
That being said, I have no idea of the price nowadays, and the time wasted with customs since Brexit.
(EDIT: Twilighte lived not so far from London, and I live in Paris, so of course that helps a lot)

EDIT 2: oh sorry, you said Thalys and not Eurostar :D
xahmol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by xahmol »

Symoon wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:24 pm That being said, I have no idea of the price nowadays
Customs no clue as I do not have that issue as luckily the Netherlands still did not make any stupid move to leave the EU :wink: France and the Netherlands are both Schengen, so no customs at all for me.
Price depends very heavily on when you book. If you book way in advance price can be as low as 29 Euro for a single trip, but if I want to book now for tomorrow, the only places left are 200 Euro for a single trip. Standard class that is (and way prefer Comfort or Premium class as Thalys trains are very cramped for the average long Dutch person. But have been spoiled by business trips using Thalys). It is especially the hotel though that will be pricey as well in Paris.

But honestly, even with a four hour trip, I do not quickly seeing me to have time/give priority in my very busy with family event weekends. So it probably is not even the price that is the biggest bottleneck. So yes, in short, would love to have recordings of the presentations at least, even if it would be without the questions asked and the discussion (to accomodate privacy for anybody but the presenter). And of course the recordings could be limited to only CEO members to further safeguard privacy (requires hosting that can accommodate though, probably not being the cheap US cloud providers if I read the privavcy concerns correctly).
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Almost impossible for me. My connections with Paris are horrible, unless I took a flight, but that's too expensive. More than 400€ :shock:

Have a look:
Captura de pantalla 2022-06-18 150928.png
By car it would be 1183 Km in a bit more than 11 hours.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I think it would only be worth for a significant meeting, knowing there would be many attendees and having a demos planning and so on. Which doesn't really happen with our little meetings.
At the peak, there were eight of us yesterday.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

I think it would only be worth for a significant meeting, knowing there would be many attendees and having a demos planning and so on
i agree for the planning ... 2 demos have been done, with their exchanges. It could be better but we need people preparing these demos, which is unfornately the case. As in ceo-meet, there're not a lot of demos and attendees.
As "l'oeuf et la poule" : what is the 1st leveller to push, more attendees or more demos ?
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

Oh they published a report with some photos :-)