Single Login

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Single Login

Post by Dbug »

Hello,
I've been reading/searching a bit about how to create a single login system, and unfortunately most of the existing stuff is ultra limited, like how to use your Facebook login to access a WordPress blog.

Based on that research, it looks like the best thing to do would be for me to write my own system and automagically update phpbb, q&a, etc... from my own registration data system. That's quite some work, but that would allow me at some point later to do things like restricted download areas for members of Defence Force (which would allow Chema for example to have a "safe" download link for SchoolDaze)

Still searching :)
Chema
Game master

Re: Single Login

Post by Chema »

That would be great Dbug!

Thanks for all your hard work to improve DF.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Did you look about OpenID ?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:Did you look about OpenID ?
Nope, but I'm open to all the suggestions, I can investigate if you think it's worth doing.

Basically I was thinking in not using something like facebook/myspace/twitter/whatever-else mostly because I care about the privacy of people.

Sure when you register on defence-force there are no "we guarantee that we are not going to share your information with whoever", but in practice it is :)