Spam and Inactive users

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Spam and Inactive users

Post by Dbug »

Thanks to the manual registration, the forum has avoided a massive wave of spam, since Saturday morning about 150 accounts have been created but they stayed inactive.

What I did is that I changed the "captcha" question on the registration page, and I mass deleted all the inactive users.

What that mean is that if you are reading that and were unlucky enough to try to join the forum this week-end, please try again to register, noting that the question is different, and this time you only have ONE attempt.

I'll eventually relax the registration later :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Spam and Inactive users

Post by ibisum »

Thanks for the hard work on keeping this forum a great place to regularly visit! I always love seeing the number next to "Notifications" on arrival, and its also great that every single notification is of value .. haven't seen spam here in years. So, again: thanks for the effort made! It really has paid off.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Spam and Inactive users

Post by Dbug »

You're welcome :)

I'm trying my best to make/keep the whole DF thing in the way I would like many places to be, with a reasonably good signal/noise ratio, no name calling and community fight, free sharing of information, etc... I admit that sometimes I lose my cool on some topic, but I'm trying :)