new with oric atmos

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Miguel angel rojo
Private

new with oric atmos

Post by Miguel angel rojo » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello good, I have an oric atmos for a year, but I could not put software, or with cassette I could not, so I'm on the list for the Microdisc + Amplibus controller,.
I will read the forum to be up to date,

excuse my english use translator,thanks

Chema
Game master

Re: new with oric atmos

Post by Chema » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 am

Hey, nice to see you around here, Miguel.

So you could not load software using audio? PM me here or in RetroWiki if you want help!

En la lengua de Cervantes, me alegro de verte por aquí. Me extraña que no hayas podido cargar nada por audio... El oric es un poco picajoso para eso, pero deberías de poder hacerlo funcionar. Lo más fácil es usar la salida de audio de un PC y reproducir el WAV desde él (sin filtros, compresion, ni nada parecido: yo he usado el reproductor de Windows y el Audacity). Lo más difícil es dar con el volumen adecuado.

Si quieres ayuda mándame un privado aquí o en RetroWiki.

Un saludo
!

Miguel angel rojo
Private

Post by Miguel angel rojo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 am

Thank you Chema, I'll try to see, I do not know if the cable could be wrong, I want to try another, Regards.
Gracias en el idioma de cervantes :mrgreen: pero no pasa nada así aprendo ingles :D

Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Could you give more details about what went wrong when trying to load files? Are you using tapes, or a computer playing WAV files? (if so, are the WAV at least at 11kHz?)

The most frequent problem I encountered with tape loads that don't work, are when people use WAV players to load the programs: many WAV players that don't play the very end of the WAV file. The human ear can't notice, but the Oric does.
If the Oric remains in "Loading .." state, leave it like that and try running the WAV file again. If Oric quits "Loading .." quickly, then that's it.
You then need to either use another player, either add silence at the end of your wav files.