Replacement rubber "feet"

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
MrM
2nd Star Corporal

Replacement rubber "feet"

Post by MrM »

Silly question of the day ... does anyone know where I can get replacement rubber feet for the Oric? I have an Oric Atmos that's in great shape except it's missing 2 rubber feet and it's really bugging me :lol: I've been looking online but haven't found anything of the exact same shape/size. I suppose I could remove the existing two feet and replace all four with feet that is as close to the original as possible but that just doesn't seem right :D
Chema
Game master

Re: Replacement rubber "feet"

Post by Chema »

I cannot tell if there are exact replacements, but I'd ask in a specialized shop. Round rubber feet are quite common and you can probably find one that fits well enough. In the worst case you can replace the whole four.

An example (not sure about size) https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Furniture-Rou ... /511903097

If anybody found the exact model, please let us know.

Edit: I feel rather stupid, as you already said you looked online an did not find the exact shape and size. Okay you might ignore my answer then :oops:
Last edited by Chema on Wed May 03, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I don't think if that's the original ones, but I'll post anyway:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/4x-Atmos-ORIC-Ne ... SwhvFZBi83

Now, did your post bring this new announce on Ebay, or did this one remind you that you were looking for the original "feet"? ;)
MrM
2nd Star Corporal

Post by MrM »

Symoon wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 12:01 am I don't think if that's the original ones, but I'll post anyway:
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/4x-Atmos-ORIC-Ne ... SwhvFZBi83

Now, did your post bring this new announce on Ebay, or did this one remind you that you were looking for the original "feet"? ;)
Haha! I searched high and low for this. You're right, I don't think those are the original feet but they're close enough. Unfortunately the seller only ships to France (which is probably why it never showed up in my eBay searches) but I'll send him a message to see if he will make an exception. Thanks!
MrM
2nd Star Corporal

Post by MrM »

Chema wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 pm An example (not sure about size) https://www.ebay.com.au/p/Furniture-Rou ... /511903097
Those look very close, thank you. No idea why I never saw them but I think I'll order a few of them too.
MrM
2nd Star Corporal

Post by MrM »

So a rough measurement of the feet shows the pads are about 11-12 mm in diameter so these are probably a better fit:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Protective-Furni ... Swf-VWT7ws

They also look a LOT like the pads for sale on eBay in Symoon's post :D

EDIT: Actually, it's closer to 12.5mm diameter and 4mm thick so this is probably an even better option:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/56pcs-Black-Rubb ... SwhlZYuKG-

Think I'll order a few of each and see which one works best. I'll be putting rubber feet on everything in the house with what is left over :lol:
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Every day I check in to see if there is any Oric news, and .. even this thread satisfies the need to hear something new about the Oric.
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

Measured with a digital calliper from an Oric feet.

FIX-RF.jpg
FIX-RF.jpg (23.49 KiB) Viewed 22847 times
A=12mm
B=9.5mm
C=3.2mm

Good luck!!
Oric user since 1984. YouTube
MrM
2nd Star Corporal

Post by MrM »

Silicebit. wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 10:24 am Measured with a digital calliper from an Oric feet.

FIX-RF.jpg
A=12mm
B=9.5mm
C=3.2mm

Good luck!!
Thanks! It just occurred to me that I can probably 3D print these! This seems to be as good a reason as any to see how my printer does with flexible filaments :wink:
MrM
2nd Star Corporal

Post by MrM »

Well just to close the loop on this important and pressing issue (lol) ... I made an interesting discovery today. The rubber feet on my Commodore 64 is an exact match (both in size and colour) for the Oric Atmos rubber feet! To the point where I'm convinced they came from the same manufacturer. Since millions of C64's were made it becomes pretty easy to find feet for your Oric if you search for "commodore rubber feet". Needless to say, the rubber feet on my C64 was promptly removed and stuck on the Atmos :lol:
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Nice! Great information, thanks! My Oric still has all it's feet, but who knows :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I could probably supply you with an Atmos bottom with feet. (Though the glue on some isn't too great.)

I would have though 3D print would be too hard. For quick fixes for things like this you can buy Sugru. www.sugru.com
Or else you can get cork or felt feet fairly cheaply.

If you get thicker feet do you hear the speaker better ??? :)

EDIT: these look similar to the real ones. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-SELF-ADHE ... Swc1FXbqV6
HigashiJun
Flying Officer

Post by HigashiJun »

Sorry again to revive an old thread, but as it helped me a lot when replacing my Atmos' rubber feet, I'd like to share the following information:

As Mrm wrote, Orics share same rubber feet with Commodores C64... Knowing that, it's then easy to search the web to find miscellaneous products from various sellers. I came across some rubber feet from Ebay but I was really disappointed with their poor quality.

I then found a seller based in Germany some of you guys you might know, called poly.play. They sell really nice replicas and it's worth having a look if you want to replace your favorite Oric's old and worn rubber feet.

Here's the link:

https://www.polyplay.xyz/Rubber-Feet-fo ... C-20-black

Shipping is cheap and was pretty fast from Germany to Japan (before Corona outbreak).
HigashiJun
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

HigashiJun wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:24 pmSorry again to revive an old thread...
There is nothing wrong to dig in old threads, actually your message helped me to notice now a small difference between Atmos and Nova64 - see picture ;).
atmos-nova64.jpg
atmos-nova64.jpg (28.42 KiB) Viewed 7677 times
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

iss wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:43 pm There is nothing wrong to dig in old threads, actually your message helped me to notice now a small difference between Atmos and Nova64
Indeed, it's the same on the three I got.
Also the screws were different, instead of (+) cruciform/philips style, they all had (-) flat head screws, for both the power brick and the machines.