Oric Atmos PSU Specs

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
StarshipUK
2nd Star Corporal

Oric Atmos PSU Specs

Post by StarshipUK » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Please can someone let me know the specs of a Oric Atmos PSU, as I need to buy a replacement and I do not have the one I was using anymore.

I sent my Oric Atmos to someone to do a modification and he sent me back the Oric Atmos unmodified and missing the power supply and does not seem likely I will get it back.

From what I have read here the PSU (when used with Cumulus) needs to be a least 1.2A and 9V. Does anyone know the connector tip size (I am guessing it is 5.5mm x 2.1mm) and the Polarity of the plug please?

iss
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Oric Atmos PSU Specs

Post by iss » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 pm

On Muso's Oric Site you can find some pictures of Oric PSU's. On the labels are the specs: Output DC 9V, 5.4 VA (or ~600mA).
This is the standard Oric PSU, but it's really recommended to use PSU with 1.0-1.2A output when using Cumulus (or other periphery powered trough the expansion port).
Connector is 5.5mm x 2.5mm, but larger one can be used too important is the internal diameter.
Polarity is '+' inside, '-' outside.
Last edited by iss on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

polluks
Officer Cadet

Post by polluks » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Our wiki says 2.5 mm :?:
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron

iss
Flight Lieutenant

Post by iss » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:25 pm

@polluks: Thanks for correction!

Yes, the jack is 2.5mm. According to Oric service manual it's: SK3 - Jack Socket 2.5mm.