In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Euphoric
Game master

Post by Euphoric »

The colors don't seem to always work... I mean, with the huge number of forums you have created, quickly spotting which forum has new posts is a must-have feature... I saw once a forum icon in orange but it doesn't seem to work reliably (?)

Anyway, these forums promise to be great...
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: New posts colors

Post by Dbug »

Euphoric wrote:The colors don't seem to always work... I mean, with the huge number of forums you have created, quickly spotting which forum has new posts is a must-have feature... I saw once a forum icon in orange but it doesn't seem to work reliably (?)
Obviously something goes wrong.
I will have to investigate that too. It was working so far, don't really know what happened :shock:
Euphoric
Game master

Post by Euphoric »

at least your answer caused both this topic and this forum to turn orange, so maybe it works after all...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

We will see :)
Don't hesitate to signal any other problem like this.
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

Does anyone get icons for new posts? I may have a similar cookie issue as I have with the Vintage Computer Forum, but on most other phpBB forums it works. These are the two ones which act weird to me.

When I log in as default, the upper header shows I'm not logged in, but the stats at the bottom shows my name, which I think has something to do with a cookie sent for a different domain name than the actual URL or something.

When I log in via "new messages", the upper header lists me as logged in, but no coloured icons for new posts. A bit awkward, but maybe it is just me and MSIE6.
Anders Carlsson
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I wonder if this can be a problem with the fact that http://forum.defence-force.org is just an alias on http://www.defence-force.org/phpBB2 ?
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

I just tried the method I described:

When on the front page, log in to check for messages. That page has a different kind of URL than the preferred starting page, and is true both for this forum and the other forum I mentioned.

Once at my inbox, I click my way back to the front page. Now I get the icons for new messages, just like on the other forum. I haven't intercepted the cookies to see exactly what they contain, but with my limited experience as a web developer, I smell there is a mix-up there. However, on the phpBB forum itself it should be a known problem. I haven't looked.
Anders Carlsson
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Ok, I made some changes in the configuration, instead of having:

- script path: /phpbb2/

I changed to:

- script path: /

I hope this will not cause any havoc