Atmoses, Microdiscs and Telestrats on ebay

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Atmoses, Microdiscs and Telestrats on ebay

Post by Dbug »

- http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Gros-Lot-Oric-At ... 1880966737
5 Atmos, 5 Microdiscs, apparently complete with PSUs and even some Oric branded tape drives

- http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Oric-Telestrat-1 ... 1880971589
1 telestrat with the box

- http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Ordinateur-Oric- ... 1880959020
1 atmos with the box

- www.ebay.fr/itm/oric-atmos-48k/261898103656
1 atmos with 4 games on tape plus the welcome tape

The shop of the guy has other Oric stuff, including some single microdisc units: www.ebay.fr/sch/playmofred45/m.html

Most of the stuff is between one and 7 days auctions remaining, and so far the prices seems in the acceptable range, if you need Oric stuff, you should definitely take a peek.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Re: Atmoses, Microdiscs and Telestrats on ebay

Post by Godzil »

Sadly the telestrat is an auction :(

And I fear that it end quite high..
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

oops prices are increasing quickly !
:?
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I'd like to get one or two 3" drives (don't mind about the controller or Oric plastic drive case), but they seem to have been stored in quite a dirty place...
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

And I'd like to get a Microdisc case, even if empty. Just to put my controller + 3,5 floppy drive inside. :(
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Symoon wrote:I'd like to get one or two 3" drives (don't mind about the controller or Oric plastic drive case), but they seem to have been stored in quite a dirty place...
Same for me, plus the telestrat, but currently 202€ is, is about 100 more than what I would normally put on a telestrat, especially one without the drive., the polystyren is not something really useful TBH.

I really wonder who are these buyers that I'm sure no real Oricist never know about.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

One stupid question. The Microdisc units in the photos seem a bit different from the ones I saw before and pictured in the box. I can't see the red bottom part which keeps the unit tilted, for instance.

Where there different cases for the Microdisc?

And, how can you tell a master unit (including controller) from a slave one? Just curious.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Godzil wrote:
I really wonder who are these buyers that I'm sure no real Oricist never know about.
I bet collectors or people wanting to make money re selling the stuff later on (once cleaned, repaired,...) Telestrats are expensive and Microdiscs were nearly impossible to find a few months ago.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Chema wrote:One stupid question. The Microdisc units in the photos seem a bit different from the ones I saw before and pictured in the box. I can't see the red bottom part which keeps the unit tilted, for instance.
I'm no expert in disk drives, but you're right about the picture on the box!
The red bottom part was very easy to remove, so I guess it's the 1st thing that remains in the box or that is lost if not needed.
And, how can you tell a master unit (including controller) from a slave one? Just curious.
Don't think it's visible without opening it. I once got a master one from someone that told me "I'm giving you this, it's not working on the Telestrat". Bingo, it had a controller card inside...

That means people bidding on Ebay not asking the question don't know if they buy a master or slave drive. Either they don't mind, either they may be very disappointed...
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I think that one thing that has to be remembered during these auctions and things is that the value of these machines is increasing because of all of you guys/this community in general. The cooler we make the machines, the more people will want the originals. That's sort of a unique position.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

The big lot ended up in 785€! I only hope it ended up in the hands of someone who appreciates the machine :(
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Those prices are crazy. I hope for the wnnier he did bid for a few master drives (hard to tell on the picture !), and working ones.
Is there no low-cost company that make news 3" drives? ;)
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Yes, crazy prices indeed! And the Telestrat ended up in 473.20€ :shock: .
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

iss wrote:Yes, crazy prices indeed! And the Telestrat ended up in 473.20€ :shock: .
Yes that's absolutely Crazy, and I'm sure the buyer is absolutely not interested in the computer itself, but just sell it again, or put it in a box to let it rot somewhere...
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

iss wrote:Yes, crazy prices indeed! And the Telestrat ended up in 473.20€ :shock: .
Well, at least for this one, the price is rather constant. From what I can recall, for about the last 10-15 years, the Telestrats I saw on Ebay were sold between 400 and 550€ (can't recall the details though - box, drive, or not).