Next Cumulus batch

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)

What type of box do you prefer?

A 3D printed like Metadata cases
70%
A Layered one like the PiBows
27%
Something else? (please explain on the topic)
3%

Total votes: 33

carlsson
Pilot Officer

Re: Next Cumulus batch

Post by carlsson » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Me too, checking back here every now and then. Hopefully I can get my Oric-1 fixed before there is a Cumulus ready to buy.
Anders Carlsson

8bit-Dude
Private

Post by 8bit-Dude » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 am

I'm in too, completed the survey! :P

P.S: I am working on a cross platform game for all 6502 based 8 bit computers, including the Atmos.
You can read more here: 8bit-slicks.com

fandenivoldsk
1st Star Corporal

Post by fandenivoldsk » Tue May 09, 2017 12:17 pm

I am ready. Survey done.

Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,

Just a quick recap on the Cumulus Rev2 project. It is not dead, at all!
I've just been unable to work on it for personal problems. (a bit to private to discuss about that here, but don't worry I'm fine)

The hardware is defined for the first set of prototype, the one that will allow me to make sure the hardware is feasible and build the software for the production version.

The next step on the project is to build that prototype, and start to make the software that will run on it (I've already started part of it, as much as I can do without having the hardware and as much as I was able to work on that project during that time)

I will keep people informed as soon as there are new thing about the project, but plus be assured that this project is not dead and is not going to be dead soon. You will get your Cumulus Rev 2 sooner than later :)

I'm really sorry to make every one to wait for it, that project is not a simple project that can be finished in a couple of day, it will probably take some weeks if not month with a reasonable amount of time to work on it.
The good thing is that I've started to look again on the hardware to check that I really can make a production of prototype, I will do a small modification to prevent expensive modification in case something does not work as expected.

Unrelated but I've also had a look at Oric Mouse, and found a potential solution for it that will not make it as a full DIY kit but close to. I will also resume working on the "new" oric project, well I do have a project that is close to not sure really if I can integrate the new oric to it we will see, but that not something urgent anyway.

So the cumulus Rev2 is there, not forgotten, not dead, just running slower than a snail, but will get more strength soon :)

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Great news. Good luck!

RichKK
Private

Post by RichKK » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 am

There are a very limited amount of Cumulus' available here.
The listing went live yesterday evening. These are made by Piotr Bugaj and were announced on the Facebook group Oric 1 & Atmos Owners/Users yesterday.

:D