Hello from Ireland

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
sir_beaker
Private

Hello from Ireland

Post by sir_beaker »

Hi, Athanor recommended this forum so I thought I'd register and learn a bit more about my Oric :D

I recently bought my first Oric 1 from the UK and had it delivered in a large pallet with many other computers. It's been a little troublesome so far, a friend replaced with ROM 1.0 with a dual 1.0 and 1.1 that could be switched using a jumper. Unfortunately when it arrived the ROM appears to have become corrupted and wouldn't boot. Fortunately he also sent me the original ROM and when I swapped them over it worked fine and looks really nice on my Sony PVM with scart and cassette lead bought from Retro Computer Shack. Tonight is the first time I've actually used it for any length of time and I have to admit, I am quite taken with the machine. Sadly. problems always seem to come in three's, the second one was I couldn't get any games to load using taper on my P233MMX machine in DOS using taper but fortunately I used Tap2Wav and windows media player on my old laptop and everything loads first time. Unfortunately, upon loading the second game, Stormlord, I realised my up cursor doesn't actually work :lol: so I'll be taking it apart again soon and seeing if I can't use a bit of IPA.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by ibisum »

Welcome to the Oric scene - nice to hear you're willing to do what it takes to resuscitate this lovely machine .. ;)
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Welcome !
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Welcome to oric scene, and good chance in your data transfer.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Welcome the Oric community!!
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Welcome, sir. :wink: