Quick Hardware survey

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)

What ic2 do you have ?

LM386
100%
LM390
No votes

Total votes: 6

Godzil
Squad Leader

Quick Hardware survey

Post by Godzil »

As some already know, I'm currently capturing the Oric Schematics, I'm using the well know scanned hand drawn version as a starting point, but there a quirk on this schematics, IC2 is present two times with the "user" to choice between two different chip (LM386 and LM390, my oric use a LM386), but this choice need the cob to be sensibly different for one chip or another. I can make changes on the schematics and pub to support both, that's not a big deal but I wonder if there is in the field real oric with the LM390.

If they are nowhere to be found I may safely ignore the LM390 from the schematics and only provide for the LM386.

So I create this poll if you please can look on your PCI the IC2 version you have (it's a small chip that should be on the left-bottom of the ULA when the connectors are up, it should be near the video quartz

If you have multiple oric can you post if you have differents results.
One other information that could be useful is the issue number of the pcb, which should be draw on the bottom-right near the sound chip or the pia, and the memory size/layout.

And thanks all for your future help :)
metadata
Pilot Officer

Re: Quick Hardware survey

Post by metadata »

all my 3 orics have the LM386 chip.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Re: Quick Hardware survey

Post by Godzil »

From my investifation it seems that the LM390 was a futur possible enhancement and would appears in a issue 5 or equivalent (the globally known scanned schematics is newer than the Issue 4, but do not have all the official reworks..).

It seems that there is nowhere to exist an Oric with a LM390 as audio amplifier.
I leave this survey open, in case someone have the rare non existing Oric with LM390 :D