General Discussion Forum

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Euphoric
Game master

General Discussion Forum

Post by Euphoric »

Thanks for these very-nice-looking forums, Mike ! It's true Usenet is more and more difficult to access (some providers swallow half of the messages, others only access from their own networks...).

What an awful big number of forums !! ;-)
I'm not sure all of them will ever have messages in them...
Also, I have spotted that Cozy forum, but what about renaming it General Discussion Forum, it seems less confusing when you don't know where to put your general Oric-related topic...

Cheers,

Fabrice
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: General Discussion Forum

Post by Dbug »

Euphoric wrote:Thanks for these very-nice-looking forums, Mike ! It's true Usenet is more and more difficult to access (some providers swallow half of the messages, others only access from their own networks...).
Yep I'm pretty sure that a number of people are not participating to the discussion because they cannot (or do not want) to use usenet.

And well here we do not have problem with bottom or top posting, and we can get quite advanced formating to make things clear, include non proportional fonts for having easy to read code:

Code: Select all

10 PRINT"Hello world"
20 GOTO 10
Euphoric wrote:What an awful big number of forums !! ;-)
I'm not sure all of them will ever have messages in them...
Ok, so I moved the Operating system category, and made it a forum in the "software category", so messages related to Sedoric, Randos, FT-Dos and others will be in the same forum, but you are right, we will probably not be flooded by these anyway.

I also merged BASIC and HYPERBASIC, and sorted by order of use by people (BASIC then ASSEMBLY then C then FORTH). I don't know if they are any other language available on the oric ?

Euphoric wrote:Also, I have spotted that Cozy forum, but what about renaming it General Discussion Forum, it seems less confusing when you don't know where to put your general Oric-related topic...
Done :)
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Whilst their are a large number of forums, i still feel that we should have a separate forum for Disk Drives. :idea:
Even if it replaces the 'Forth' forum, which has still had no posts and i don't expect it will either.
Placing the FDC info in Technical-questions forum just doesn't make any sense to me, but where else could/should it go other than a nice Disk Drive Forum :wink:
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Twilighte wrote:Whilst their are a large number of forums, i still feel that we should have a separate forum for Disk Drives. :idea:
Even if it replaces the 'Forth' forum, which has still had no posts and i don't expect it will either.
Placing the FDC info in Technical-questions forum just doesn't make any sense to me, but where else could/should it go other than a nice Disk Drive Forum :wink:
Is anyone else of the same opinion ?
Are there anyother forums other people think should be moved or suppressed at all ?