BAT file to run Euphoric on any current operating system!

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Brana
Flying Officer

BAT file to run Euphoric on any current operating system!

Post by Brana »

BAT file to run Euphoric on any current platform or an operating system:

This is my BAT file that enables me to run my Euphoric (under DosBox) with a single mouse (double) click, executed from my USB memory drive on almost any host operating system or a computer...

(For Win98 is not required, as Euphoric does not need any kind of add-in on this OS) :)

Of course, this BAT file itself is NOT enough, you also need the DosBox (located on the USB memory drive, but it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE INSTALLED on the host's operating system), and also you need some other files (also on the USB memory drive) like the Notifu.exe, but is quite cool (I think) so I decided to share it with you :)

Keep in mind that all what I need to do is just to plug-in my USB and to execute this bat file, it will do (and load) everything accordingly to the host's operating system and/or configuration - to load Euphoric... No need for "end-user" to perform any kind of pre-installation procedures of any kind :)

-------Beginig of the Bat File:---------

if exist c:\users goto win7
if exist "c:\Documents and Settings" goto winxp
goto end

rem ----------------------------------
rem -----------WinXP------------------

:winxp

md "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox

if exist d:\iskra goto dwinxp
if exist e:\iskra goto ewinxp
if exist f:\iskra goto fwinxp
if exist g:\iskra goto gwinxp
if exist h:\iskra goto hwinxp
if exist i:\iskra goto iwinxp
goto end

:dwinxp
copy d:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74d.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
d:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:ewinxp
copy e:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74e.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
e:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:fwinxp
copy f:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74f.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
f:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:gwinxp
copy g:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74g.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
g:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:hwinxp
copy h:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74h.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
h:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:iwinxp
copy i:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74i.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
i:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

rem -----------Win7-------------------

:win7

md "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox

if exist d:\iskra goto dwin7
if exist e:\iskra goto ewin7
if exist f:\iskra goto fwin7
if exist g:\iskra goto gwin7
if exist h:\iskra goto hwin7
if exist i:\iskra goto iwin7
goto end

:dwin7
copy d:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74d.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
d:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:ewin7
copy e:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74e.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
e:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:fwin7
copy f:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74f.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
f:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:gwin7
copy g:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74g.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
g:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:hwin7
copy h:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74h.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
h:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:iwin7
copy i:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\dosbox-0.74i.conf "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\DOSBox\dosbox-0.74.conf"
i:\DBIskra\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe
goto end

:end
notifu /p "BulmaSoft" /m "Iskrina sesija je zavrsena" /d 6000
echo Return value is %ERRORLEVEL%

-------End of the Bat File:---------
Antiriad2097
Flying Officer

Re: BAT file to run Euphoric on any current operating system

Post by Antiriad2097 »

Interesting... I'm guessing some of those lines are looking for existing drive mappings and skipping to the next if it exists?

With the same concept, has anyone created a DOS bootable flash drive to run Euphoric in its native DOS environment from there?
Brana
Flying Officer

Re: BAT file to run Euphoric on any current operating system

Post by Brana »

Yes, the "main concept" is the "IF logic";

The first thing it need to be figured out is - does the host system runs on WinXP or on Win7.
I detect it simply by locating the type of Documents folder, if it is "Documents and Settings" then it's the WinXP, but if it have "Users" folder, then we're talking about the Win7.

After that the major "problem" is to determine the letter of the USB drive from which the bat file is executed.
As I have my folder "Iskra" on it - then I use something like "If exist Iskra on E letter - then go to WinXP with E letter of the USB".

After that, it is a simple matter of copying the DosBox's configuration file (CONF) in to the apropriate destination on the host's documents folder (it HAS TO BE THERE, it can't be executed directly from the USB drive) and executing the DosBox.

The Oric itself and all the TAP files are setup to launch automatically within the DosBox's CONF file.

And that is pretty much all. :)