PC Keyboard entrance on Oricutron

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

PC Keyboard entrance on Oricutron

Post by peacer »

Is there an option on Oricutron to type in with use of PC keyboard setting , not Oric keyboard?

While writing in Oricutron, I have to remember where I could find -, =, ., ? etc. As you know those characters are different in PC keyboard and Oric Keyboard.

In euphoric, I think there was an option for that. Pressing shift-9 type ")" in Oric, not "(" etc.

I checked the Oricutron manual but couldn't find about this. Is there a chance to use it in this way?
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: PC Keyboard entrance on Oricutron

Post by ibisum »

I'm not sure how this translation has been happening, but have you tried setting the keymap to "qwerty" with the "--keymap" option? Maybe you've found a bug in the Oric remapping function of Oricutron ..
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

No I don't think its a bug. Just a feature :D

You don't have this problem? Maybe its because your PC keyboard is english type.

My notebook is turkish style keyboard. Its qwerty style too but to access special turkish characters like ğ, ü, ş, ö , layout is different.

For example, in Oric keyboard shift-9 is "(" but in turkish keyboard its ")". So during emulation when I hit shift-9 it shows "("

In euphoric I remember there was option in program -maybe F3 key- so directly Oric types as if its a normal windows program like MS-WORD. ı wonder if its possible in Oricutron too.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

oricutron relies on sdl to do keyboard mapping. It seems it isn't perfect...
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Hmm, thanks anyway..