Oricutron tape images

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Oricutron tape images

Post by Steve M »

Does Oricutron generate tape images from a loaded disk?

I have found a file a should be able to CSAVE but it doesn't seem to make a .tap file.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Oricutron tape images

Post by Symoon »

Did you get a reply Steve?

I am trying myself to make a WAV file from Oricutron (saving a program in slow mode), but can't find the option for it so far. How does one swith from TAP to WAV?
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

No, I didn't. I was using an older version. I think the latest does .tap files, but it is a menu option - as far as I recall. I wanted it to generate a tap image from the Oric via CLOAD.

I think for Wav files you may need the old tools with Euphoric.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

oricutron should be able to generate .tap images automatically via CSAVE. If not, its a bug. You can also capture tape output to an .ort file via the menu option.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Thanks Xeron, so when the doc says it works with WAV files, that means reading, not saving?
Just asking because I'm doing tests of the various tools/emulators producing wav files at slow speed.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

It will load WAV files, but only generate .tap or .ort.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Ok thanks - one that I wno't have to test, cool ;-)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Yeah, I meant CSAVE not CLOAD. Shows how much I've used it recently! Didn't seem to work for me. There's the F9 option but it needs to work from the command line. Didn't last time I tried.

I want to try and get my old PC running as an emulator that will read real floppies. I think I'll have to go back to Win 98 to get the old floppy drives properly recognised.

:oops: EDIT: JUST TRIED AGAIN AND IT SEEMS TO WORK.
I think when I was trying things initially the Oricutron hadn't been set up the same as my old version and I had to repoint where my folder were adn set things up. It is working :lol: