Oricutron 0.9

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Chema
Game master

Re: Oricutron 0.9

Post by Chema »

Hi Symoon. This is strange, as I can load the wav file generated by tap2cd despite its location (which is not in my tapes folder, btw).

I never remove the turbo-tape option, though. Just start oricutron, select Insert Tape on the menu, select the file on the dialog box and CLOAD

BTW Xeron, thanks for your splendid work! I am quite impressed that it can load wav files generated with tap2cd (turbo x10 speed loader from Fabrice). And the rest of addtions for this new version are really great!

The overclocking of the cpu is quite fun, though I must say I still miss an option to accelerate all the hardware at x2, x4,... speeds. For developing purposes it is quite useful. For instance Skool Daze times the frame to keep it constant, so overclocking the CPU just makes everything smoother, but not quicker, so I cannot accelerate the game to wait for some situation, or skip something. Well, I can put Oricutron to top speed, but that usually means too fast.

Anyway congratulations for this, and thanks again!
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Chema wrote:I never remove the turbo-tape option, though. Just start oricutron, select Insert Tape on the menu, select the file on the dialog box and CLOAD
Well I tried again doing like you, and it still doesn't work here. Nothing happens, Oricutron remains "Searching". I'm trying to load files from my C:\ drive. Those files do load correctly when I put them in the tapes directory. :?
Using Win XP 32 bits if it can help!
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Hello

Is it possible to use Oricutron with a french keyboard ?

Thanks. :wink:
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Hi everybody.
When using ORICUTRON I cannot play MACADAM BUMPER (the P key makes nothing), however, with EUPHORIC it runs correctly. Maybe a different way to read the keyboard matrix with these two emulators ? :wink:
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Please file bug reports as issues on the Oricutron Google code page so I can keep track of them!
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

kenneth wrote:Hello

Is it possible to use Oricutron with a french keyboard ?

Thanks. :wink:
Do you mean by that a way to make the Oric behave like if it had an AZERTY keyboard?
Fabrice made various experiences with that but he was not super happy with the result which is why in the end he decided to make various ROMs supporting different languages.

But yeah it would be practical to switch between the native oric layout (practical for games that assumed keys at a particular location), and localized keyboard that would help typing text or enter BASIC code :)
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

@Xeron,

Don't know if you read your mail often but I sent you one containing Oricutron 0.9 for OSX (10.6 Intel and above)
Kamelito
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

I got it.. it just took me a little while to get around to putting it up :)
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

@Xeron

Found 3 issues :
1) The numerical keys are not working under OSX if the keyboard is french, if I set it to US then launch Oricutron it works fine. It was working fine under version 0.7 with french keyboard.

2) IF you iconify Oricutron under OSX and maximise it the background becomes blue (blue like while in SDL screen)

3) in filefilereq_osx.m

case FT_TAPESAVETAP: should be FR_TAPESAVETAP:
case FT_TAPESAVEORT: should be FR_TAPESAVEORT;
Or the enum should fit the case statements.

Cheers,
Kamel
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I seem to be having trouble loading the WAV files for "Hyperspace 4" and "Meurtre - A Grande Vitesse" into Oricutron. I have tried disabling turbo load and various other options but both games crash either during or after loading. I can load them into Euphoric with no problems. I have also tried loading the "Montsegur" WAV file into Oricutron and this works fine. Does anyone know if this is an emulation issue or something that I am doing wrong?
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

Hello ! How can I rewind my .tap in oricutron ?

Is it possible to have an automatic rewind when I call a tap file rather than a filename (of the tape) when this tap file is alrady the current tape ?

Thank you
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

I think re-inserting the tape should rewind it, but you're right, a "Rewind tape" key & menu item would be a good idea. I'll do it for 1.2.
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

Xeron wrote:I think re-inserting the tape should rewind it,
Yes, but it's a pain :D
Xeron wrote: but you're right, a "Rewind tape" key & menu item would be a good idea. I'll do it for 1.2.
That's an idea, but do you think it could be possible to do it the software way ?
I explain :

Imagine we have a tap with various hires images saved on it.
You load them, one after the others :

Code: Select all

CLOAD "images.tap"
CLOAD ""
CLOAD ""
Now you wan't to reload from the first image, this (as if you were changing your tape) :
CLOAD "images.tap"
...should rewind the tape automatically

It could be also very handy to access a specific file of the tape like this :
CLOAD "images.tap/im2"
...instead of putting the tape in the deck and then doing a CLOAD "im2"

For CSAVE, I would suggest a few improvement on the same basis
CSAVE "images.tap/im2" or CSAVE "image.tap" (if no filename is specified) should save at the end of the tap

I noticed also that, if images.tap is loaded in the deck, if you do CSAVE "im2", instead of saving on images.tap, it saves in im2.tap instead.

Please, do you think you could do something with all of this ?

Cheers