Euphoric on a mobile device?

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Re: Euphoric on a mobile device?

Post by Xeron »

unless something is very wrong, a port of dosbox running euphoric on a mobile device will consume more cpu time and drain the battery faster than a native port of oricutron...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Xeron wrote:unless something is very wrong, a port of dosbox running euphoric on a mobile device will consume more cpu time and drain the battery faster than a native port of oricutron...
I believe that too :)
Brana
Flying Officer

Post by Brana »

Has anyone tested Samsung Galaxy with running the Euphoric (under the DosBox) on it?

Is it possible on THAT mobile phone...?

If it could (and since I already know that it CAN do a streaming of my favorite radio station via the internet - WiFi) then I might consider purchasing that phone! :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Brana wrote:Has anyone tested Samsung Galaxy with running the Euphoric (under the DosBox) on it?

Is it possible on THAT mobile phone...?

If it could (and since I already know that it CAN do a streaming of my favorite radio station via the internet - WiFi) then I might consider purchasing that phone! :)
I've not tested on a Galaxy, but I did try once on my Netbook Toshiba AC100 (Tegra 2), and it raannnnn buuuutttt veeerrrryyyy slloooowwwlllyyyyy.

I'm not sure how faster the Galaxy is, but I doubt it's going to be a nice experience, plus there's no keyboard and no dedicated UI.

Imo you would have a better experience in less time by trying to port Oricutron to Android and do the necessary changes.

A friend of mine did a test two years ago, and he got Oricutron to run on Android in like 2 hours. Of course it was not usable because the keymapping and UI did not work, but we had a DSK autobooting and it worked with picture and audio.
Brana
Flying Officer

Post by Brana »

Hello again and sorry for my rather longer absence! :)
What is the news regarding the Oricutron? :)
Is it capable to run.. on this kind of a mobile phone? :)
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_l3_ii_e430-5292.php
It's an LG e430 mobile device.

P.S. How would I type on it (on Oricutron?) , considering this is a touch-screen mobile phone...?

Please forgive me, I do know very little regarding the Oricutron...
However, I NO LONGER USE old computer(s)
They all die on me on February this year (o what a joy! :D) but all the data from the hard drives is safe, and I'm using new hardware now :)
Brana
Flying Officer

Post by Brana »

Just to "spread the good news" :D
A friend of mine bought (some) Samsung mobile (didn't catch exact model, sorry) - but it is one of the newest models dough - capable of running Euphoric with up to 2,5 Mhz Oric CPU speed with no screen lagging! :)

(Would be great if it could support at least for up to 5 mhz Oric CPU emulated...)

Amazing - the simple "ESC" key inside of the DosBox emulation of the Euphoric on that phone is not supported - or I just can't find the option for the Esc key in the stupid android virtual keyboard!?!

(Everything else works exactly identically as on a standard computer! :)
It supports the euphoric.exe -d oricdos.dsk command (so, no need to type literary anything on the phone - just tap on the DosBox and it will load the predefined TAP or DOS image file of the choice. F10 (for exit) is supported (but no ESC key?!) :D

Cload, Csave, Store, Recall - everything works flawlessly for up to 2,5Mhz Oric CPU on it, only "limitation" - can't find the ESC on keyboard :P