New version of Euphoric (build 1011)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Chema
Game master

New version of Euphoric (build 1011)

Post by Chema »

Hi guys. I know the future of Oric emulators goes in the direction of Oricutron, but anyway I guessed you might be interested in this new version of Euphoric Fabrice Frances just released with a couple of new hacks.

Code: Select all

Build 1011 changes
------------------
- now emulates the PSG IO-port direction bit. This is not useful (it prevents the keyboard to work), but it removes a difference between the emulator and the real thing.
- also emulates the propagation of ground voltage through the keyboard matrix intersections when several keys are pressed simultaneously. Again it's not really useful (it will even make wrong key detection in some conditions), but at least it behaves like the real thing.
Both were detected when testing 1337 under a real machine. The first one is a bug in the program which is not detected in Euphoric as it did not emulate the PSG IO port direction (Oricutron does not do this either, so I raised an issue).

The second is a problem with the Oric hardware and how the keyboard matrix is connected. I will post details (provided by Fabrice) about this on another forum (hardware).

Just in case you want to upgrade! http://oric.free.fr
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Nice to see that Fabrice is still as awesome :)