Oricutron v0.1 (now 0.8)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
maximus
Flying Officer

Post by maximus »

hi Ha Osannah alleluiah :D It works at last !!

the program didn't find microdis.rom because it was written MICRODIS.ROM :lol:

argh Linux is so strict !! 1337 in Ubuntu

Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Dbug wrote:Perhaps it would make sense to display some kind of message box with the cause of the error if the program is not launched from the command line?
Yeah, but there is no portable way to determine "am i launched from a console?", or display a messagebox.

Its not impossible, though. I could do the windows and amiga versions of that code, I guess, but every other port would need direct support or fall back to printf().
maximus
Flying Officer

Post by maximus »

:? arggh

the emulator starts and the game 1337.dsk launched also

but i don't have access to all the keys: 1,2,3,4 5,6,7,8 doesn't work

problem of emulator or simply of the game ?

i will test others disks and tapes
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Mmmm... does it mean no key work after the initial screen? (including '0')

Could it be that Xeron has solved the bug with the direction of the IO port of the PSG in these sources? In this case, you are experiencing the bug of people running 1337 under real machines...

You need a new version, which has this solved, but I have not put it online, as we are still working on Telestrat support and would like to release it altogether...

Unless you want to check with a development version, which has this solved, but may have other problems...

Cheers
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

@maximus
BTW if you want to use full screen, use ./oricutron -f

It looks great :)
maximus
Flying Officer

Post by maximus »

Chema > i just test zorgon's revenge, it launch very well, but the key 1,2,3,.. of my notebook (without numeric pad) don't work :cry:

So we are very near of success, i go back to Windows, Xeron need probably some vacations :wink:

Algarbi> yeah, so cool, very nice fullscreen ! :D
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Have you tried shift+0/1/2/3, etc... ?

Perhaps the problem is a mix of locale, and that this new version of Oricutron actually expects the keys to be sent as native.

Xeron: On a french keyboard, the numbers are shifted, could this cause a problem in Oricutron resulting in pressing "1" be detected as "&" instead?
maximus
Flying Officer

Post by maximus »

Sure Dbug, i pressed all keys, with or without shift and yes i have an AZERTY frecnh keyboard

i tried several games: same problem
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Hello all.

I know some of you follow the google code changelog of Oricutron, and may be concerned that it has been very quiet.

Well, I haven't given up on Oricutron or anything like that, but I have a lot of other things that are taking up my time. I probably won't be able to look at Oricutron again at least for a few months.

In the meantime, people are welcome to dive in and make changes and improvements. Those with commit access can do so directly, others are welcome to email patches to me.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Xeron, I will at least attempt to send you a patch/check-in my changes for the Pandora build .. I have made some small tweaks to make it absolutely fantastic on the Pandora as well, but I would like to contribute GLES as a backend, so it gets even more delightful! :)

Anyway, I will spend some few minutes on it this week, and let you know when the patch is clean and good to go. Pandora Oricutron will get at least 10 or maybe 20 new Oricutron fans on the wagon, I'm sure! :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

There's actually ONE thing that really annoys me in oricutron at the moment, is that in the debugger the enter key of the numeric keypad is not accepted as a normal "enter" to validate inputs.

Since I always enter numbers using the numpad, it's annoying to have to use the other far-far-way enter key :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

That should be a pretty easy fix Dbug .. I'll have a look at that when I'm in the Oricutron zone tonight or tomorrow ..

I would also love to add a keyboard overlay so that I can easily port Oricutron to keyboard-less platforms like the GP2X, GPH Wiz and Caanoo ..
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

talking of keyboard, Is it possible (in the debugger) to force kbd row/column data so that it could be possible to trap for key combinations?
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Do you mean if there's a way in the debugger to set row/col vars for debugging? Something like a custom command to trigger these values? Seems like it should be possible but I don't remember seeing it the last time I entered the debugger, alas ..
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Yes ibisum, thats what i want. It could also be useful to set the NMI reset flag though thats less useful i guess.
The keyboard thing could have been really useful when trying to fathom why things behaved the way they did in Impossible Mission when entering the screen and immediately pressing down. I'm sure a worthy addition to Oricutron.