ibisum wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:41 pm
I tried to build it last week and ran into the same issue. I didn't get it resolved - it seems there is some permissions/sandbox issue with regards to being able to read some files, which - for reasons I didn't
understand yet - got blacklisted in MacOS recently.
I think on MacOS 10.14.x going forward, we have to be prepared to deal with sandbox'ing, and probably should have an 'official build' somewhere. I think Iss is doing them? Would be interesting if we could get builds for different MacOS targets somewhere along the line ..
Anyway, I will have another bash at building it locally when I get some time, and/or will tune in to whatever fixes you guys work out?
... wait, wat? oO;
The only reason I can think of why an apparently innocuous BMP file would be blacklisted would be that it was identified by Apple as a security exploit used to execute code contained in the BMP file.
I presume that Apple is not stupid enough to only identify by its name and that they instead use a hash of some kind on its content and that they have been careful to avoid collisions, which means that your statusbar.bmp would likely contain nasty code somehow.
This said, on my side, I do not have this issue at all. (Of note, I am using the latest version from the GitHub master branch.)
Neither "ls -l@ images/*.bmp" nor "xattr" show quarantined files, same fo the .rom files that Oricutron fails to load so this seems to be specific to your machine.
Have you simply tried to delete statusbar.bmp and replace it with another file?
Here I am battling the Xcode project settings in an attempt to build and debug Oricutron from Xcode but that IDE is such a nonsensical mess (and I am being polite, all matters of insults come to mind whenever I have to interact with this piece of ... garbage) that I have trouble even configuring the build properly. I do not even understand why the Apple engineers made Xcode so painfully incomprehensible to use, these guys clearly have never used a proper IDE like Eclipse, Visual Studio or Visual Code...
If I ever succeed in building and executing it from Xcode I will likely create a pull request for my changes in GitHub so everyone can benefit but I have a feeling I am not there yet.
In passing, I had to modify the Makefile in order to have it compile on my machine, I am using the SDL.framework and the original Makefile does not support that option at all. It would be nice if Oricutron sources came with a "how to build on platform X" file explaining which dependencies to install and how/where.
Anyway, I will post if I make any progress. Cheers!