Oricutron Keyboard mapping question.

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Oricutron Keyboard mapping question.

Post by peacer »

I have a problem with Oricutron and Turkish Keyboard.

Turkish Keyboard is different from english keyboard layout and of course it differs from layout of Oric

While using Oricutron, Its so hard to cope with finding and remembering required keys by heart. I dont want to use visible oric keyboard and mouse clicking always.

For example, as you can see, the key next to M is Ö key in Turkish keyboard, whilst Oric has "< ." key there. When I click "ö", oricutron types < . Parantheses are over 8 and 9 in Turkish keyboard but in 9 and 0 in Oric.

I know we have key mapping option in Oricutron keyboard settings but this is not helpful for my situation. For example ? is at different key, / is at another placee etc. So I can't set it with mapping option.

In Euphoric, there was an option to type with exact keys. But I couldn't find such an option.

To say it in another words, I want Oriculator to type what I click on my keyboard, not the key it is on Oric.
For example, I want oricutron to type "(" instead of *" if I press shift 8.
Or to type @ ı want to use ALT-Q combination as in Turkish keyboard, @ is there. Not in shift-2

I believe French Oric users have the same problem.

I am sure there's a simple solution for that and I hope I managed to explain it with my insufficient english :)

Thanks.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Oricutron Keyboard mapping question.

Post by Symoon »

Fabrice made specific versions of the ROM 1.1 file, for several countries (UK, France, Spain, Germany...). Nothing for Turkish keyboard though, but maybe by comparing the content of these ROMs you can see where the keys layout is and adapt it to your keyboard?
Then replace the ROM file in the emulator you're using? (not sure it would work with Oricutron though)
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

With euphoric, there was a setting to use whether oric keyboard or real keyboard keys are activated. Without any rom modification, I could use my keyboard as is. For example, if I press ö character, euphoric won't response. If I press shift-8, euphoric types ( etc.

I wonder if such settings can be applied to Oricutron. I wonder, How do french and spanish friends use Oricutron in this manner?
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I am quite sure that there is a way to perform the keyboard mapping, but as I usually prefer to have the original Oric keyboard layout, I have never used it.

I usually play on the Oric not type. Sorry.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I roughly know where are the UK keys on my French keyboard. So I don't mind, I'm used to switching them when needed.