Yet Another (EDIT: now also for Linux)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
ThomH
Pilot Officer

Re: Yet Another

Post by ThomH » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:35 am

iss wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 pm
Cool! ... and it works! :)
Nice RGB and composite emulation.
All my DSK images are running fine, but I found that original Blake's 7 (v1.1 - English) fails to boot, there is error after each sector was read: CRC error; terminating Maybe the problem is in the image (Chema?).
The error appears to be the image: there's sufficiently many out there with incorrect CRCs that I think Oricutron declines to check them (?). A quick run through my DSK CRC fixer reports 2720 CRCs checked, 952 fixed. A correct DSK image is attached.
iss wrote:
One wish from me: I want to have HFE with Oric too ;).
Oh, sure. I didn't realise it was applicable. I'll see what my options are. I like to add things only so as not to increase complexity, so I will need to add some logic to distinguish an Oric image from other kinds of image. I admit that with the Oric DSK being platform specific I've not had to look at that at all really.

The situation is quite different for tapes: the emulator allows CSWs to be mapped to any supported platform by content inspection, and if it's launching an Oric then it decides between BASIC 1.0 and 1.1 through disassembly.
iss wrote:
EDIT: for Linux build 'scons' is required too.
Yes, true. Apologies for failure to mention that.
Attachments
B7en-1.1.dsk.zip
(211.76 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Yet Another (EDIT: now also for Linux)

Post by Dbug » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

I guess I forgot to implement the CRC fix in the FloppyBuilder.
I could probably use your tool to validate that the result works :)