Euphoric not recognising roms in DosBox after fresh install.

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Euphoric not recognising roms in DosBox after fresh install.

Post by dave3622 »

Hi, I desperately need some help here! I use Euphoric via DosBox on my Windows 7 64bit computer to take screenshots of games for my Gamebase (sadly no option exists in Oricutron). I recently had my hard-drive crash and have had to install a new one. Everything was backed up and is now re-installed, however Euphoric no longer recognises the basic10 or basic11b roms, despite the ini file pointing to the correct location. I had no issues before with the same set-up so don't understand why it no longer works.

Any advice is most welcome, this is driving me insane!
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Euphoric not recognising roms in DosBox after fresh inst

Post by Symoon »

Are you sure the path to the ROMs is written in regard of your mounted drive in Dosbox, not the path from your real machine C: drive ?
(also, avoid long filenames as DosBox, IIRC, doesn't manage them)
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

I suspect you may be onto something there Symoon, however I can't remember how I set it up before. DosBox starts in Z:\ directory but my Euphoric folder is in the root C:\ directory.

Before the re-install this is how I got it to work:-

Z:\> mount c c:\euphoric

Z:\> c:

C:\> euphoric -1 gamename

This worked perfectly before but doing the same now I get "basic10.rom not found. Please check your .ini file or ORIC environment variable."

I just don't get it. :?:
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Problem solved!! I just found the answer over on forums.orig.org.

I just set the .ini file to point to c:basic10.rom without the euphoric\ before it and it works perfectly. My sanity is saved (for now... :wink: ).