Oricutron patches for Mac OS X

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
froggy
2nd Star Corporal

Re: Oricutron patches for Mac OS X

Post by froggy »

Hi

For I've tested your new WIP this morning the WAV files are accepted and launch fine (3D maze, scuba dive, Impossible Mission).
Good job !
:-)

About the keyboard mapping :

If I launch Oricutron as I'm in FR keyboard, the problem remains : keystroke A gives me a A in oricutron but still no numbers. Let's say incomplete AZERTY.
If I launch Oricutron as I'm in US keyboard, oricutron works fine (QWERTY).
If I launch Oricutron as I'm in US keyboard and then I switch back to FR keyboard, oricutron works fine and keeps the QWERTY configuration.

About the keboard options :
The keyboard layout is just beautiful thanks to the graphic designer who made it . But there is a tiny mistake : see the key "-" (1st top rank, 3rd from the right), when shifted it should be "£" and not "&" on it, according to the Atmos real keyboard. The Oric 1 is OK (even if the keys could have been less grey). Love them , very accurate.

I tryed to map the keys and tha makes Oricutron crash very often.
I also don't know how to map the whifted keys : Oric , as every good QWERTY keyboard, gives you "5" when you push the 5 key. So I map it using shift + 5 on my FR Mac keyboard. Now, how can I map the "%" on Oricutron ? because shift+5 on my Mac keyboard gives me ... 5

Froggy.
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Yes I know about the little problem with the £ key. If you want to solve it you are welcome ;)

I never had any recent crash with the key mapping (we had some bugs in the beginning but they should be solved now).
Anything that could help us find the problem ?
Can you reproduce it with a series of actions that always lead to a crash ?

I use Oricutron with the key mapping on 2 macs regularly (I'm coding a game for the Oric Atmos) and never have crashes...

The key mapping is a key mapping not a symbol mapping therefore the symbols that are on the same key in the Oric are mapped on only one key in your Mac. I cannot solve this problem easily. So we will have to live with it.

What you need to do is to map the key that reads 5 on the Atmos keyboard to the one that reads 5 on your Mac keyboard.
Then when you type shift-5 you end up with a %.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
froggy
2nd Star Corporal

Post by froggy »

I'd be happy to fix the keyboard layout.
do you have the photoshop PSD file ? send it to me. I will be better than to tweak the BMP
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Thanks to Forggy, the minus key problem (it had an ampersand as shifted symbol instead of a pound) is fixed on the SVN.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.