Oricutron 1.0 (EDIT: Now 1.2)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Oricutron 1.0 (EDIT: Now 1.2)

Post by Xeron »

Oricutron 1.0 has been released!

There are a bunch of bug fixes and optimisations, but the big news is the decent Pravetz 8D and 8Dos support (thanks ISS!), and working Telestrat emulation.

For more information, visit the Oricutron homepage.

Note that Google are removing downloads from Google Code, so releases are now hosted on bintray.

Builds of 1.0 for Windows and AmigaOS 4.x are available. Hopefully others will follow.

Happy emulating!

Edit: Now 1.2. See latest post....
Last edited by Xeron on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chema
Game master

Re: Oricutron 1.0

Post by Chema »

Great news Xeron! Thanks for your splendid work!
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Excellent !! Thanks so much.

There's something I observed in my first run..

The emulator don't let me choose a disc image from main menu. Insert disc 0,1,2 and 3 ar inactive and even I can't move my mouse cursor over "ınsert disc" selections. Also keyboard shortcuts to those selections (which are 0,1,2 and 3 respectively) are not working.

Loading tap images is not a problem.

If I drag a dsk image and drop it over oricutron.exe it loads the image without any problem and if I run oricutron by this way, after that the menu is working for loading other dsk images.

I tried to change the configuration file and change the disc type option from none to microdisc. ın this case, program starts with "ınsert disc image" warning as if microdisc drive is connected without a disc in it.

It is probably something about settings.

In previous version, I can normally run oricutron, then select disc image from the menu.

I hope I could describe the situation correctly. Do you have an explanation for this?
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Go to hardware and select "Microdisc". If you have no disk drive type selected, you can't insert any disks.

When you changed the config to Microdisc and got the "insert system disc" message, it should have enabled the "insert disk" items in the menu.
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Congratulations, Xeron!
Oricutron deserves his version 1.0 :).
If there is interest for Linux 32/64 binaries I can help.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

I know If we have no disk drive type selected, we can't use disk.

But in previous versions, even Oricutron starts with no disk option and Oric boots in normal rom, right-click menu allowed to select the disk image and loads it. Now it's not allowed.

Selecting micrdisc from hardware menu enables it ok. But during emulation why do we have to do this everytime?

Maybe I can't express my idea correctly. In real oric, of course if we don't have microdisc drive we can't insert disk to nowhere :) But for oricutron, as in previous versions, it would be nice if disk image selection is enabled and selecting a disc image would make oricutron loads in microdisc enviroment.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

don't panic; for 1.1 I plan an autodetect feature that will try and tell apart jasmin, microdisc and pravetz images and let you insert a disk with no drive type and it will try and automatically do the right thing. You'll only have to put up with this until 1.1, which won't take as long as 1.0 did :))
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

all binary archives welcome, although for linux I keep hoping someone will maintain packages for distributions.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Congrats Xeron, and well done mate! Oricutron is one of my favourite projects .. very nice to read code, elegant project layout, and .. well it emulates our favourite machines pretty damn well, doesn't it! :)

I'll work on a binary release build for the Open Pandora console next week - shall I update you here in this thread when its out there? I already did a release for you on Pandora a few years back, but now its time for a full new update again and I'm sure we'll get a few Open Pandora'ians interested in our favourite machines again ..

Thanks again!
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Hehe thanks anyway. So , as a summary, I thought it was a bug but it seems to be a feature :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Nice to have a 1.x :)
It's always delicate to recommend a 0.x version to somebody as the one to use!
barnsey123
Flight Lieutenant

Post by barnsey123 »

working fine for me, mucho thanko :D
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Always good news to read you're working on it!
Keep up the good work.
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

Nice to see a new version.

Thank you!
Twitter: @newIapetus
Ko-fi:iapetusretrostuff
itch.io: Iapetus
Youtube: Iapetus Retro Stuff
dave3622