Oricutron 1.0 (EDIT: Now 1.2)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Oricutron 1.0 (EDIT: Now 1.2)

Post by iss »

I can't reproduce message box to appear in last Oricutron (ver.: WIP-661, Linux-64, Atmos mode).
Attached are two programs and the data file.
store-recall-test.zip
(731 Bytes) Downloaded 612 times
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Yeah, I forgot to add I'm using 1.2 windows version.

(Though I should turn on my laptop to make sure)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

No problem here restoring the file with win XP 32 and Euphoric 1.019 (using ISS's files)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Well, I am running Oricutron 1.2 win32 under Windows 8.1 64 bit version. The tap file generated with the above example reports the end address as ffff, which I think is what upsets Oricutron. I include the tap file. You can use the second example to RECALL it.

MATRIZ.tap
(145 Bytes) Downloaded 544 times
The file provided by iss is different than mine, though still produces the same error for me.

Here is what I get:
Sin título.png
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Google code is turning read only on the 25th of August.

So what do we do ?

Move to github ? Ask Dbug to add us to his SVN ?
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Hialmar wrote:Google code is turning read only on the 25th of August.

So what do we do ?

Move to github ? Ask Dbug to add us to his SVN ?
I don't have any problem with adding it to SVN, but that would probably be detrimental to the code quality as there is no support for bug tracking or stuff like that.
For a large project maintained by more than one person there are probably better solutions :)

Ideally you want to find a solution that keeps the entire commit and branch history of the project.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I'd vote to turn the existing repo into a Git-compatible repo, and host it on GitLab, not GitHub, since it provides a more flexible solution ..
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

I don't know Gitlab but the advantage of Github is that it has an all in one tool that makes svn to git transition easier. It has a synchronize button that does the commit/push transparently, you can easily see diffs and create branches.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Gitlab has all the above, and it also can be converted to a private local repo at ease (run Gitlab locally) if its needed ..

Also, GitLab has a less-restrictive free-use account level, while GitHub is a tad more intrusive. Its easier, for example, and cheaper, to have free private repo's on GitLab, not that its relevant to us .. but also, GitHub is becoming a bit of a hegemony. There isn't anything it offers that GitLab doesn't.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I'm going to be very pragmatic on that one: I guess the only persons who really should decide ultimately are the ones that have regularly committed to the current codebase of Oricutron :)
After all, they are the ones who are going to live with the choice.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

I didn't want to move it to github, because although I love git, there was no good Amiga git client.

Now we have simplegit, I no longer have a problem with using github, so I plan to migrate it there, unless anyone has any serious objections?
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Ibisum wrote:Gitlab has all the above, and it also can be converted to a private local repo at ease (run Gitlab locally) if its needed ..

Also, GitLab has a less-restrictive free-use account level, while GitHub is a tad more intrusive. Its easier, for example, and cheaper, to have free private repo's on GitLab, not that its relevant to us .. but also, GitHub is becoming a bit of a hegemony. There isn't anything it offers that GitLab doesn't.
.. and why would you need private repos anyway? Oricutron is a public project, and git is a distributed vcs, so your local clone is its own private repo.

You could even maintain your own clone on gitlab.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I just think Gitlab has a better set of features, which we'll use in the long run. Well they explain the differences better than I can, anyway: https://about.gitlab.com/better-than-github/
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Definitely I'll miss one simple thing: human readable SVN revision number (it's used in WIP builds by Makefile).
I know, there are some solutions for this issue, but no universal one that will satisfy everyone.
polluks
Pilot Officer

Post by polluks »

Hi!
Right now Google Code is read only but
https://sourceforge.net/projects/oricutron/
is waiting for Xeron and friends...
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron