Need pictures for a demo

Want to discuss about Demos on the Oric, here you are !
Dbug
Site Admin

Need pictures for a demo

Post by Dbug »

Hello.

I'm planning to release a demo at Solskogen 2013 (in july), and the theme I choose is 'Oric Demonstration Tape - 2013 edition' or something similar.
The idea is to imagine some demoscene style demo that would run continuously in a shop to attract people to buy the computer, with possibly some homage parts to the old Atmos tape as well.

I'd like to have some nice pictures in the demo as well, to show what can be done on the Oric.
Now there are some requirements:
- They should be original artworks (no google image, no copyrighted stuff, no conversion from amiga pictures, etc...)
- You can have you name/copyright on the picture, but it should be discreet (not a big white text in the middle)
- The picture should make sense in the demo, either by showing what can be achieved on the Oric, or by being related to the brand, anniversary, etc...
- They should have a certain quality level (It should look at least as good as what is expected from Oric stuff in 2013, so 10 minutes hack jobs will not do)

And finally: You should send me the pictures by mail, do not post them here else that will spoil the surprise for everybody else !

Depending of how many pictures I get, it will either be a semi slide show sequence with transition effects, or if not enough appear as transition pictures between the loading of parts.

ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Need pictures for a demo

Post by ibisum »

Very interesting opportunity! Do you need them in any particular format, or would you prefer if we prepared them with pictconv and so on first .. ? If you have a small guide on what format you ultimately would prefer, I'd love to send a few pics your way ..
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Ideally, PNG pictures would be nice, along with the command line parameters to give PictConv to convert them.
Standard 240x200 resolution.

This way I can regenerate them easily :)
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

You should at least add the Twilighte logo in the picture list :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Godzil wrote:You should at least add the Twilighte logo in the picture list :)
Nah, the Twilighte logo will be in my FreeCell game.