Gamebase Oric V0.6

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Gamebase Oric V0.6

Post by dave3622 »

Hi, I've been working on a Gamebase for the Oric for the last couple of months and I have just released version 0.6. It currently has 445 games and a vast number of screenshots / extras, many of which I have created myself and others taken from the Oric.org website.

The Gamebase can be found at 'www.underground-gamer.com'. You need to be a member to download from this website but I have 10 free passes if required. The file size is 376MB so is quite large, hence the use of a torrent site.

If you are not familiar with the Gamebase frontend, please check out the website at 'www.bu22.com' which will explain everything :)

Thanks to Xeron for his excellent Oricutron emulator, and also to Symoon who returned some scans I sent him ages ago and had since deleted :oops:
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Re: Gamebase Oric V0.6

Post by coco.oric »

Hi Dave, i've Invaders from PSS.
I'll send it to you soon, and i've some ideas for your base.

Didier
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

That's great 8) Any help is appreciated !!

I don't have too much spare time to commit to this for the next week (very nice weather and a Bank Holiday coming up :) ), however I did spend last night typing in 'Mad Jump' out of 'Your Computer' magazine whilst listening to the Eurovision Song contest :oops: , so some progress is being made...
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Looks cool! I'd be happy to receive an invite so I can get on that site .. if there is still the possibility?
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

ibisum wrote:Looks cool! I'd be happy to receive an invite so I can get on that site .. if there is still the possibility?
That's no problem at all. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the invite.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

V0.7 has now been released at 'underground-gamer.com'. This release has 532 games, including some hard to find games such as 'Loch-Ness Monsters'. I still have some free passes to this site if required, just PM me with your email address and I will send you one.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Great, I'm in and working on Gamebase 0.7 .. nobody seeding though, but I'll leave it up for a while in the hopes of checking it out some time soon ..
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

ibisum wrote:Great, I'm in and working on Gamebase 0.7 .. nobody seeding though, but I'll leave it up for a while in the hopes of checking it out some time soon ..
I'm the only seed at the moment but I have over 10 peers who should have the file within a hour. Things should speed up considerably by then ;)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Wonderful,
I've the bigger leecher % within 10 minutes, i'll have your work up to date and 'll contribute to the speed of the 12 leechers.

Thanks a lot
It's really a success.

Didier
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

I forgot,

David, take a look at jgamebase on google.
http://jgamebase.sourceforge.net/

It's a wonderful gamebase player. After importing your new bases, it allows you to choose your base.

Didier
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

coco.oric wrote:I forgot,

David, take a look at jgamebase on google.
http://jgamebase.sourceforge.net/

It's a wonderful gamebase player. After importing your new bases, it allows you to choose your base.

Didier
Thanks, not heard of 'jgamebase' but it looks interesting. I will check it out tomorrow.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Dave, i've tried your base (it's a big work you've done) with gamebase and jgamebase.

It works fine with gamebase but i've some difficulties to launch oricutron in the jgamebase version.
It seems that's it's due to the no-relative c:\gamebase\ ini which configure the software.
I've my jgamebase on d:\... and i've not solved the trouble.

At the moment, gamebase is the best solution to play and jgamebase the best solution to view extras ...
Didier
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

I'm making good progress with this gamebase but I am having difficulties with the type-in games due to a possible bug in 'Oricutron'. It seems many games require the '\' or '|' characters but I am unable to type these in using 'Oricutron'. I have tried using Euphoric on my 'retro' PC and can type these characters ok so suspect it's a bug. I raised an issue on the Oriculator site 2 weeks ago but have had no response so just wondered if anyone has any solution how to type these characters with the current version, '\' being the main culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

dave3622 wrote:I'm making good progress with this gamebase but I am having difficulties with the type-in games due to a possible bug in 'Oricutron'. It seems many games require the '\' or '|' characters but I am unable to type these in using 'Oricutron'. I have tried using Euphoric on my 'retro' PC and can type these characters ok so suspect it's a bug. I raised an issue on the Oriculator site 2 weeks ago but have had no response so just wondered if anyone has any solution how to type these characters with the current version, '\' being the main culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
The easiest way would be to type the BASIC source code on your PC with a text editor, and then convert it to a TAP file using Bas2Tap.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Dbug wrote:
dave3622 wrote:I'm making good progress with this gamebase but I am having difficulties with the type-in games due to a possible bug in 'Oricutron'. It seems many games require the '\' or '|' characters but I am unable to type these in using 'Oricutron'. I have tried using Euphoric on my 'retro' PC and can type these characters ok so suspect it's a bug. I raised an issue on the Oriculator site 2 weeks ago but have had no response so just wondered if anyone has any solution how to type these characters with the current version, '\' being the main culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
The easiest way would be to type the BASIC source code on your PC with a text editor, and then convert it to a TAP file using Bas2Tap.
I knew about Bas2Tap but it never occured to me to use it for typing in all the listings (Doh!). Thanks Dbug, you've just made things a lot easier for me :D