Stormlord feedback and review thread

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
laurentd75
2nd Star Corporal

Re: Stormlord feedback and review thread

Post by laurentd75 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi,

Many many thanks for this AWESOME adaptation on the Oric... I was a great fan of the Atari ST version and I find it just incredible to see how well the game has been adpated to the Oric: excellent work on the graphics, unbelievably smooth animation, great music and perfect playability!

As all here, I was however deeply saddened by the terrible news of the passing away of Twilighte... I didn't know Jonathan other than by his reputation on the Oric scene, but still I felt sincerely moved and I really feel sorry for his family and friends... So, one of the ways to honour his memory for me has been to read about his life and of course to play his games... For those of you that haven't read the special CEO Magazine issue for Jonathan Bristow, it is available from the www.oric.org homepage (direct download link: http://www.oric.org/ftp/ceo/ceomag/spec ... ristow.pdf)

Rest in Peace Jonathan, and many thanks for all of what you've done, you will be long remembered!

Very sincerely yours,
Laurent

Weevil
Private

Post by Weevil » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Saw the release youtube video years ago, finally downloaded & played this nice little game :) Too bad Twilighte has passed away, I'll be sure to see about getting to know more of his work. And of the Oric in general, I'm not familiar with it at all!

Also, is there any way to get the (.ym?) music files from this game? I just love the in-game music, and the menu music is nice as well.

Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Well, the music is probably somewhere in the source code of the game, available on our SVN server:
http://miniserve.getmyip.com/svn/users/ ... Stormlord/

I guess Wave_Player.s is the actual replay routine and CompiledMusic.s the music data.

The music was composed in Wave, I'm not quite sure if the source music files (before conversion to binary format) are available though.

Weevil
Private

Post by Weevil » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Dbug wrote:Well, the music is probably somewhere in the source code of the game, available on our SVN server:
http://miniserve.getmyip.com/svn/users/ ... Stormlord/

I guess Wave_Player.s is the actual replay routine and CompiledMusic.s the music data.

The music was composed in Wave, I'm not quite sure if the source music files (before conversion to binary format) are available though.
Oh dear... that's all a bit over my head. I'll just rip the music from a game movie, that's something I can do :P Thanks for the answer!

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:16 am

And, if I remember correctly, the in game music was just the title music but played very slowly.