1337 feedback and review thread

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
maximus
Flying Officer

Re: 1337 feedback and review thread

Post by maximus »

2 years after, can we expect evolution of 1337 ?

The vessel and universe are works perfectly, is there anyone able to propose missions, new ship, or adaptation for exemple change the vessel in Enterprise and play a Star Trek adventure ? etc...

2 ans après peut on espérer une évolution de 1337 ?

Le vaisseau et l'univers fonctionnent à merveille, n'y a t il personne pour proposer des missions, de nouveaux vaisseaux, ou une adaptation du vaisseau en Enterprise pour entreprendre une aventure Star Trek ? etc...

:D
Enterprise Bridge
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Hi Maximus,

Well, in theory the game itself supports "mission packs", which means that it would be reasonably easy to add a whole new plot with missions and create a different adventure. Of course within certain constraints (you cannot change the type ship you pilot, for instance).

What sould be done to create this? Design the set of missions (which is like a graph, so you can follow different paths to solve it), code them (it is not difficult: there are some entries to the game routines and data, so it is simple to test for things like equipment, position, create ships or objects and set their course, add messages etc.), and perform the testing of the whole thing (which is the toughest part).

I would need to think of a way to install this mission pack in the disk, keeping your player's data, but that should not be difficult, I assume.

The thing is that I am currently not highly motivated to do this. I have very little time for Oricing now, and if I had (or when I have) I would like to experiment in other areas. In addition only a couple of people actually finished the first mission pack, so...

But who knows...
maximus
Flying Officer

Post by maximus »

Chema wrote:Hi Maximus,

Well, in theory the game itself supports "mission packs", which means that it would be reasonably easy to add a whole new plot with missions and create a different adventure.
Ola Don Chema :D mission pack is a real hope for gamers
Chema wrote:you cannot change the type ship you pilot
Arf :? dream to buy a Viper ship (police) or the Millenium falcon (*laser sabre noise*)
Chema wrote:it is not difficult ... so it is simple to test for things like equipment, position, create ships or objects and set their course, add messages etc.)
Good to read that :wink:
Chema wrote:perform the testing of the whole thing (which is the toughest part).
You know i can test every beta things :mrgreen:
Chema wrote:I would need to think of a way to install this mission pack in the disk, keeping your player's data, but that should not be difficult, I assume.
Keeping my level ! cool news !
Chema wrote:The thing is that I am currently not highly motivated to do this. I have very little time for Oricing now, and if I had (or when I have) I would like to experiment in other areas. In addition only a couple of people actually finished the first mission pack, so...

But who knows...
I understand perfectly that, perhaps your game can be convert for others computers ?
Several peoples use website, games & tools and never share, i know this feeling :wink: