Stardom for our authors ? :-)

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Symoon
Archivist

Stardom for our authors ? :-)

Post by Symoon »

Apparently, a French magazine called Joy-Pad wrote a 4-pages article about Space 1999 and the forthcoming games.
I'll buy it and tell you more about it.
Chema, Twilighte, if you ever want a copy let me know!
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Stardom? hmm not sure about that one.. though recognition is always appreciated :)
I'd be interested as i do plan to take any new release in the future to Retro-gamer magazine in UK, perhaps i should email them about Space:1999, unless one of you bods has done this already? :P
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Thanks to Didier, you can get a small view of the pages here:
http://coco.oric.blog.free.fr/index.php ... ite-l-Oric

Actually the 4 pages are about Oric games, and a part of it is dedicated to Space 1999. I'll try and buy it today :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I really think RetroGamer should review the activity on the Oric, with the two big released games (Pulsoids and Space:1999) there is a clear view of what is the current state of the art, and gives a good indication of the level of quality and dedication put in the games to come (Tine, IM, Swiv, ...)

For Joypad, would be cool to have one, I fear it will be hard to find in Oslo :D
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

This is indeed very nice... Pitty my capabilities of speaking french are null :)

Anyway it would be great to have a copy of this. Thanks for pointing this to us Symoon!
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

Retrogamer did review pulsoids, i have the magazine somewhere (tho not got around to cutting out the review and sticking it in a picture frame yet ;) ).
Apparently Shaun Bebbington doesn't work for them anymore otherwise i would have contacted him about doing a review of Space:1999.
Anyway i'll post a message on their forum and see what happens.

But you are right Dbug, its about time someone at retrogamer started to watch the Oric scene a little more. We may be few but our productions are big.
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

I'm sure someone like Kenz at Psytronik would be thrilled to publish some Oric games. You would have to work out the details regarding free vs commercial distribution, but I've found today a commercial retro game gets way more attention than a freely downloadable one.
Anders Carlsson