Blake's 7 - French version / Version française

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
retroric
Pilot Officer

Blake's 7 - French version / Version française

Post by retroric »

Hello,

!! Attention, French-speaking people !!

The French version of Chema's Blake's 7 game is (well) underway and will be very shortly available and published on Defence-Force !
The manual will also be available in French!

Stay tuned!! :-)

Laurent

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

!!! Avis à tous les utilisateurs francophones !!

La version française de Blake's 7 (le jeu de Chema) est en cours de réalisation (de finition, en fait!) et sera disponible très prochainement et publiée sur Defence-Force!
Le manuel sera également traduit.

Restez à l'écoute ! :-)

Laurent
flag_fr RetrOric, aka laurentd75 flag_uk
            GitHub - RetrOric
Chema
Game master

Re: Blake's 7 - French version / Version française

Post by Chema »

Indeed! After an splendid job made by Laurent 8)

Stay tuned!
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Well done. That was fast!
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

Well, thanks guys, but the truth is I'm not that fast, it's just that I haven't had much sleep in 3 weeks!! :shock:
            GitHub - RetrOric
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

Bonjour à tous,

Après un travail de finition bien plus long que prévu initialement, la version française de Blake's 7 est désormais finalisée et disponible, et la documentation est également entièrement traduite:

Blake's 7 - Version française

Merci à l'auteur Chema pour la confiance qu'il m'a témoignée et l'aide qu'il m'a apportée, ainsi qu'à DBug également pour son soutien, son aide et son implication pour la publication sur Defence Force et la réalisation du système "multilingue", la page de Blake's 7 étant désormais disponible en anglais, espagnol et français !!!

J'espère que vous aurez plaisir à jouer à cette version française !!

Laurent

PS - les versions espagnole et anglaise ont également été mises à jour (v1.3 -- corrections mineures dans les dialogues), pensez à télécharger les nouvelles versions !

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi all,

After some finishing touches that took much longer than expected, the French version of Blake's 7 is finally available, complete with its documentation, also fully translated:

Blake's 7 - Version française

Many thanks to Chema , author of the game, for his trust and his help, and to DBug too for his support, help and his commitment for the publication of this version on Defence Force and for the multilingual web page template that now makes it possible to have Blake's 7 page in English, Spanish and French!

I hope that many amongst you will be able to enjoy playing the French version!!

Cheers,

Laurent

PS - the Spanish and English versions were also updated (v1.3 -- minor corrections to dialogues), so you're advised to download these new releases!
            GitHub - RetrOric
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Well it is me who should be thankful to you for taking all this titanic effort to create the French version and correct some typos in both the English and Spanish versions!

So thanks indeed!

Hey French people, remember: if you play the game, take a pic of your system running it and post it here or send it to me, please :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Chema - we played Blakes 7 at the RetroSession last Friday, it was a hit .. but nobody got out of the station in the first go, haha.. ;)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Glad to hear that... Maybe I underestimate the difficulty of the first episode ?

I thought it was quite easy... and most testers thought the same too.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I think it was more to do with the event than anything else .. plus it was my first time trying to play it on a real Oric, and it was a lot more frustrating to move the cursor than I remembered from playing on Oricutron, and that might have coloured things for the other guys who tried to play after I demo'ed the basics. Gotta look at building that Oric Mouse one of these days ... ;)
retroric
Pilot Officer

Post by retroric »

Chema wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:21 pm Glad to hear that... Maybe I underestimate the difficulty of the first episode ?

I thought it was quite easy... and most testers thought the same too.
Well, contrary to testers, I remember having a really tough time with Episode 1 as well !! And more generally speaking I did not find it to be an "easy" game, but then I never had much of a real talent for adventure games, I more than often had to resort to walkthroughs to finish them... Two notable exceptions on the Oric were "Le Diamant de l'Ile Maudite" and "Blake(s 7" which I managed to finish all by myself :D
            GitHub - RetrOric
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Well in my opinion adventure games (more over graphic adventures) have to be challenging not difficult. They also have to be interesting and fun to play and (most importantly) deliver a story where the player feels as protagonist. In any case they never have to be either frustrating or too easy and linear.

But it is very difficult to get to a balance, moreover when the hardware limits you. I guess that is why well-known creators are genius :)