New game project

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
ibisum
Squad Leader

Re: New game project

Post by ibisum » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 pm

My machines have disk, I haven't used tape in a long time, except in Oricutron ..

Anyway hey - this New game looks amazing! Can you give us any more details? Its a platformer - cool! - but it looks a little Chucky Egg'ish. Is that the plan?

Algarbi
Pilot Officer

Post by Algarbi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:41 pm

ibisum wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 pm
My machines have disk, I haven't used tape in a long time, except in Oricutron ..

Anyway hey - this New game looks amazing! Can you give us any more details? Its a platformer - cool! - but it looks a little Chucky Egg'ish. Is that the plan?
You have to collect the eggs in a certain time or a special baddy will show up to hunt you down. I am thinking of adding shooting and possibly after each 3 or four sublevels a super baddy room but I must try to keep simple to take this project to its release.

ibisum
Squad Leader

Post by ibisum » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:41 am

Cool, sounds great - I'm a huge fan of new games for the Oric, so count me in as one of the crowd waiting in anticipation of your release! :)

Algarbi
Pilot Officer

Post by Algarbi » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:00 pm

ibisum wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:41 am
Cool, sounds great - I'm a huge fan of new games for the Oric, so count me in as one of the crowd waiting in anticipation of your release! :)
Thanks ibisum, you rock :)

coco.oric
Flight Lieutenant

Post by coco.oric » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Nice game in dev
I vote for screen #3 too
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Image Image

laurentd75
Officer Cadet

Post by laurentd75 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Hi Ibisum,

Love the graphics, they are just AWESOME !!!!

I personnally would not give any "preference", I would love to see the 4 different screens in the game!

The colours and shading are really nice, and so are the sprites!

KEEP IT GOING PLEASE, I would love to see the finished game !! :D

As to tape or disk, just choose what's more convenient for you! Personnally if it's on tape I'll play it on Oricutron (can't be bothered using tapes with a real Oric these days, too much hassle...), and if it's going to be on disk, I'll have the choice of playing it on Oricutron or on my real Atmos that is now equipped with a 3.5 disk drive! (the first game I played with my disk drive was Blake's 7 :) ).

Best of luck to you with this new game!

Cheers,
Laurent