Adventure Games and Solutions, Help needed !

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Adventure Games and Solutions, Help needed !

Post by Symoon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:07 pm

dave3622 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:25 am
Excellent! I bid nearly £40 for this game on eBay years ago but still didn't win it!
Yep, a bunch of games went for crazy prices on Ebay, and we never hear of them anymore afterwards :(
Anyway, little by little...

coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Hello

Some screenshots have been added on oric.org
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga

Warrigal
1st Star Corporal

Post by Warrigal » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm happy to help with the adventure games and solutions.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to track down all the Oric text adventures. There's still a lot missing in action. I have also been updating all the entries on CASA. There are now 100 Oric adventures listed and there'll be a few more when they've finished doing my updates. I've been concentrating on the English language adventures, as the French language ones tend to be a bit more towards the RPG style. (RPG is out-of-scope for CASA.) I've added screen grabs for all the games I've got and added maps and solutions for all the games I've finished. This includes a lot of type-ins from books and magazines. I'll be adding these to oric.org as soon as I get a chance.

Dom is doing a great job on the maps and solutions over at the oric.org forum, but all his hard work seems to get lost. I gather that they're published in the CEO mag, but that's pretty useless if you're not a CEO member and you can't read French. I wish he'd put them on CASA, as this is like a central repository for all adventure game solutions. It's database driven and easily searched, whereas there's no simple way to find Dom's solutions. At least not that I could find.

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm

As a side note, maybe you already know that Infocom games version 3 (standard series) can be played on the Oric using pinforic, which I think is available in oric.org and if archive
https://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-ar ... focom.html

EDIT: just noticed this was mentioned in the first posts of this thread, sorry.

Dom
Officer Cadet

Post by Dom » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 am

Hi,
Dom is doing a great job on the maps and solutions over at the forum oric.org,
Thanks a lot for support :)
but all his hard work seems to get lost.
I think that forum.oric.org is well known by oricians, those interested in a particular Oric adventure game, download the proposed solution :)
A few monthes ago, I began to put several oric adventure games solutions on CASA. I intended to go on when I 'll get enough time to do that.
But you know, if It is possible that the survival of CASA could be longer on the Net than the life of Forum.oric.org, in the end, only diamonds are forever :-)

Warrigal
1st Star Corporal

Post by Warrigal » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:14 pm

diamonds are forever
Ha, ha. Sounds like a good title for a James Bond movie.

I've been doing a lot of Oric updates for CASA recently. I've added some new games, lots of updates, some new maps and solutions and a lot of screen grabs. They haven't all been published yet. I've been concentrating on the English games so far. I'll do the French ones later, but if there's someone that speaks French that can do it, that would be great.

For what it's worth, Dom, I used Google Translate to translate the forum threads on adventure game solutions and there was some great info there on both French and English games. Thank you so much for your hard work, and to the other contributors, as well.