Development of Blake's 7 (was OASIS development)

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
iss
Squad Leader

Re: Development of Blake's 7 (was OASIS development)

Post by iss » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Yep, you are right - that's the normal human expectation when using joystick push=up/pull=down.
Maybe the logic in Oricutron is swapped - if I define:

Code: Select all

kbjoy1_up = 'KP8'
kbjoy1_down = 'KP2'
then by pressing key pad '8' and expect cursor to go up - it goes down.
But as I said it's easy to swap the values in oricutron.cfg, and the game should be OK with real joystick!
(Hm, joystick... I just got new idea :idea: , will see...)

Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Great news!
No time at all for Oric these days but will try it ASAP.

About Joystick - seems you guys are saying opposite things. That's the usual debate between "airplane" commands (pull = up) or "2D" commands (pull = down). Not sure how they're called actually, but hope you'll understand what I mean ;)

ibisum
Squad Leader

Post by ibisum » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm

Been playing all afternoon.. but I'm stuck. Can't get through the service corridor, dunno who I'm supposed to give coffee to, and the guard is a good one .. well, enough for today maybe more tomorrow. GREAT game Chema!

Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 pm

ibisum wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm
Been playing all afternoon.. but I'm stuck. Can't get through the service corridor, dunno who I'm supposed to give coffee to, and the guard is a good one .. well, enough for today maybe more tomorrow. GREAT game Chema!
Try again tomorrow if a clean/fresh head, if you are still stuck, I guess we could use the private messaging feature to give some hints :)

There are no totally illogical things in the game, but you need to think a number of moves in advance, think about combining items, reading texts is very important as well, they often provide hints :)

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:29 pm

+1, Dbug... :mrgreen:

fandenivoldsk
1st Star Corporal

Post by fandenivoldsk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Wow this game is just amazing! Really nice work, and I love the TV-series so this is just perfect!

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:28 am

Creating my own physical edition :)

If you want to create your own physical edition, this is what you have to do. At least some advice you might find useful.

1.- Download the files, either in English or Spanish. You need the label for your disk size, the cover and the ready-to-print documentation.
2.- Select a box. I am using a CD case, which is not the most convenient thing (it does not close well with a floppy inside). Find out the size you want for the cover and documentation. In my case it is around 124 mm.
3.- Open the pdf with the cover. The size of the picture is 150 mm (width) x 140 mm (height) so it does not fit on an A4 paper. If you print it directly it will probably reduce the size too much, as the option to "shrink to fit to page" (or something similar) is selected by default.
4.- Calculate the scaling factor you need. In my case something such as 124/150=82,7% and scale the doc in the print options of your PDF reader accordingly.
5.- Print, cut (using the cutting marks as reference) and check that is the size you want. The cover has two sides, for the top and bottom of the case. (mmmm maybe I should have created something for the spine aswell...)
6.- Do the same for the documentation. I assume you want it to be the same size, so again print using the same scale and using both sides of the paper.
It will print with a page order which is prepared to create a booklet by folding and stapling. Simply put all the sheets together, cut, and fold in half.
7.- Print the label at 100% size, cut and glue it to your floppy :)

Something like this:
b7physicalA.png
b7physicalB.png

ibisum
Squad Leader

Post by ibisum » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 am

Would be great to have an SD-card label, for us Cumulus users! :)

Chema
Game master

Post by Chema » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:25 am

ibisum wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 am
Would be great to have an SD-card label, for us Cumulus users! :)
I have no idea how to produce such a tiny label :)