Gamebase Oric V3.0

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Gamebase Oric V3.0

Post by Hialmar »

Ah you mean in the TAP file. I thought you meant in the tap directory like Euphoric can do.

I'll look at this and correct the problem ASAP.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

I've just read the last few posts and in particular the one from Didier made me feel like I was being foolish. I will continue with my Gamebase, which I certainly do enjoy compiling. Like I said there's barely enough new material to add, but when I do add it, along with new discoveries along the way then I will release V4 which will have comprehensive instructions and no redundant files!
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Thanks a lot. You are doing a very important job for the Oric community.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Aaaah, I knew you would ;)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Just discovered this thread thanks to Didier post on Facebook.

I know that burnt out feeling only too well. Oric users always seem to feel like they are the only one out there. Even when we had a user group in the UK which help bring people together it seemed like a lot of individuals doing their own thing. I think the guys online can and have got groups together doing things so I hope different people can join the project and help typing in stuff.

(Incidentally there was a nice collection of books on Ebay recently including Geoff Philips rare one - I think it has been relisted. )

I've attached 3 file containing book listings - I have found more but can only add 3 at a time.

I have also found my correction sheet for Meteoric programming which I'll scan in a mo.

Have a rest Dave. But we Oric users just keep going ! :o
Attachments
DYNAMIC.zip
(83.15 KiB) Downloaded 560 times
CZES.zip
(83.29 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
60PROGS.zip
(183.89 KiB) Downloaded 595 times
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

More book disks

I think these were typed in by WJ Hurley, who used to do a lot of the type-ins for OUM.
He used to 'translate' some of the French programs by just doing his own English version of the instructions. (So not a real translation.)
There's a good chance these book listings have been altered as he sorted bugs in his own way and fiddled with programs to make them work how he liked them to.
Attachments
GFYO2.DSK
(1 MiB) Downloaded 543 times
GFYO.DSK
(525.25 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I hope I haven't sent this stuff already - I am still downloading the latest Gamebase. (I didn't know what it was either. )

I think the first one here was done by Jim Groom and the second one is by WJH.
Attachments
ORIC1PB2.DSK
(1 MiB) Downloaded 536 times
Oric1pb.dsk
(250.25 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

These are the correction sheets for Meteoric Programming.

I have some of the programs typed in on the Oric but at the moment I can't convert the real Oric disks to PC. I can't convert tapes to disk and so I keep getting frustrated trying to do anything on the Oric.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Attachments
meteoric002.jpg
meteoric001.jpg
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Wonderful.
Thanks a lot for these files.

As Dave is working on the gamebase, i'm working on the update of the tosec oric files list.
When i'll have finish it, this will allow everyone to check if he has an already knowned version, is the file is ok according to tcc ... and to control if it's a new file or not.

After that, i'll improve the oric.org base.
This summer if everything runs well.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Thanks for the files Steve! The Gamebase is currently on hold for a few months so I can enjoy doing other things. I will however return to it and release an updated version when the time is right. I'm still collecting files and listings in the meantime so that I will have many new things to add when I resume the project.

PS, the correction sheet for Meteoric Programming is most welcome, that book has been a real pain!
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Wow, this is like candy! Ta guys!
Rolerii
Private

Post by Rolerii »

wow thats a lot of posts. :lol:coque Sony Xperia Z4 coque galaxy S6
Last edited by Rolerii on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Love this release, there are some quirky gems in this package .. most interesting game of the bunch so far (for me anyway) is EATIE SWEETIE from the CZES.DSK .. its hilariously lame (don't touch the wall), but surprisingly playable if you get into it .. ;) Well, anyway, its really fun going through these disks and realizing just how far we've come in this day and age ..
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

ibisum wrote:Love this release, there are some quirky gems in this package .. most interesting game of the bunch so far (for me anyway) is EATIE SWEETIE from the CZES.DSK .. its hilariously lame (don't touch the wall), but surprisingly playable if you get into it .. ;) Well, anyway, its really fun going through these disks and realizing just how far we've come in this day and age ..
It's interesting that most of the games on the CZES disk come from the book 'Games to Play on your Oric-1' by Czes Kosniowski, however the game 'Eatie Sweetie' and one or two others don't appear in that book and I'm not aware that Czes did any other books. The game also appears to be for the Atmos as the title page is messed up on Oric-1.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

What is such a delight for me is going through archives like this and realizing that this is a collection of programs I would have, quite literally, sweated in passion, to type in and then .. run. And that ol' janx feeling returns, the delight of *finishing* the maneuver required to load up the .BAS, and .. well .. hitting the "meh." brick wall. :) Sometimes though, you find a gem .. and I recognize a few of these listings from magz I never quite got around to typing in, so there's an additional, cathartic sense of completion when I see the results of the listing. It was fun to recognize a few I'd dimly managed to collect from so far away, and find some mixed machine-code/BASIC things I'd filed to the dustbin of history. At least, for me, there has been a refreshing bit of crypto-archeology.