loading Pravez with mplayer

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
norik
1st Star Corporal

loading Pravez with mplayer

Post by norik »

Hello.
I was trying to cload tap2wav converted wave files to my pravetz with mplayer running on nokia n810.(Maemo)
I have compiled tap2wav on it, nativly for ARM, and tried all options: -11, -8, and default.
The problem is, nokia's soundcard gives output with strong basses, and Pravetz needs high frequencies in order to be able to cload.
I was playing with mplayer equalizer options:
mplayer -af equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:7:11:12:12:12

It is possible to set values from -12 to 12
No success yet. I wonder if anybody knows which numbers should I set.
And if soundcard output is with bass, is it possible to use it at all, even with equalizer?

Besides, on my pravetz there are 7-pin port for tape recorder. I connect both channels from nokia's jack to the input port, and frame to frame. I guess I connected it right because I can hear program sound from the Pravetz's speaker.

Thank you,
Norayr Chilingarian
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Can be a number of issues really.

Connecting both channels to the tape input is generally a good idea, gives a better signal.

Now, I had both positive and negative experiences with various sound devices. I tried a sony discman, was unusable because each time you started it it was doing "beep" which would kill the audio signal. I had a mp3 device that had the brilliant idea to fade-in/out the signal at the start and end of a track. I had another one who was using a "bass boost" system, which could not be disabled at all.

What I would suggest you do, is that you type a small program on your pravetz (in BASIC), and you CSAVE it, recording the signal to your PC as a reference.

(You should try to convert it to a TAP file with Wav2Tap to check if the recording was correct.)

You copy the wav file to your Nokia, and again you record with your pc, then you compare the signal between the original from the Pravetz and the one played with the Nokia (using tools like Audacity, Wavosaur, ...). Tweak the volume/equalize settings, etc... until you get something that looks similar to the original Pravetz recording. Theoretically I would assume that if both signals looks the same, you should be good to go.

At least that's better than blindly trying all combinations :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I'd love to have the sources for tap2wav so that I can compile it on the pandora .. any chances you can share them? Last time I tried to find the sources, there were bits missing ..
norik
1st Star Corporal

Post by norik »

Fabrice foresightedly shared the sources as well: http://oric.free.fr/TOOLS/tapetools.zip
norik
1st Star Corporal

Post by norik »

I did it.
First - need to connect to IN port. I figured it out by looking on schematics.
Second - mplayer on nokia/maemo does not play files well.
The same files load normally from mplayer/linux/nocona.

Thank you :)
N'Oric