Tap2Exe?

Anything related to the tools Tap2Wav, Tap2CD, Tap2Dsk, Sedoric Disc Manager, Tape Header Creator, WriteDsk, and generaly speaking tools related to the management of Oric data files and devices.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Re: Tap2Exe?

Post by Godzil »

Chema wrote:
jotd wrote:You mean that the machine has 64k ram and 90% of the users could not use it because they only had a tape deck?
Yep. And IIRC it would have been quite easy to use a free port on the sound chip to switch the rom on/off by software, but they didn't include that in the circuity.

I think there is a mod to use this trick to switch between two roms. Fabrice made it I think...
The 6522 more likely than the PSG (all the PSG IO are used by the keyboard) but there are still some unused on the 6522 (PB5 is not connected and would fit perfectly)
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Godzil wrote:...on the 6522 (PB5 is not connected and would fit perfectly)
With the only drawback that programs which write to PB without preserving PB5 will switch ROMs - but this is expected ;).
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

iss wrote:
Godzil wrote:...on the 6522 (PB5 is not connected and would fit perfectly)
With the only drawback that programs which write to PB without preserving PB5 will switch ROMs - but this is expected ;).
it's true if we add it now. If it was on the start this won't be a real problem, because everyone will care about it, anyway, even now, you shouldn't play with either PA and PB without knowing that is plugged on it.
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

anyway...

i ve started the conversion of aigle d or to test my new tools (don t worry patrice you ll be able to help!)
i ve got some very nice python tools i ll be able to share with you soon

bas2c: basic to c converter. very little adaptations if not none to make an exe
bin2c: binary block to c converter. given a set of entrypoints that may be extracted from bas2c output file, disassembles and tries to recognize remaining code zones in multipass. connects nicely to bas2c. uses autodis.

regards
-

JOTD
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Awesome jeff :)

Can't wait to see your updated tools.
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

Hi

Good news l aigle d or is running as an exe
There are a few bugs but i found basic 2 c bugs later. Will regenerate

Strip 21 automated conversion runs without any manual rework!!

Expect a lot of conversions from now on, with or without enhancements

I ll publish the tools asap
-

JOTD
Hialmar
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Hialmar »

Wonderful Jeff.

Can't wait to see your work and play l'Aigle d'Or :)
Hialmar
CEO and Silicium member.
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

Hi,

A few conversions can be downloaded here, user or developper package (with source & conversion tools)

http://jotd.pagesperso-orange.fr/oric_remakes.html

For tools be sure to get Dr Genius, as for instance House of Death contains an outdated version of the engine/tools.

Regards
-

JOTD
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

Hi,

The only valid links where available are House of Death, Zorgon, and Xenon.
How about exe for 68k Amigas ? :)

Kamelito
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

Hi,

I've fixed the links (except for Rendez Vous de la Terreur which I still have to upload)

About 68k exes: could be done, but a lot of optimization would be required, mostly because of C and SDL systematic full screen refresh.
Check my Bagman remake 68K SDL version. Even on A1200/68060 it crawls: http://jotd.pagesperso-orange.fr/bagman ... ga-1.0.zip

Interesting though. My Oric emulator on Amiga (Amoric) used "draw only changes" mode. I don't know if I can reproduce a similar behaviour with SDL. I'll try, also because it could reduce CPU usage even on PC. Would be cool to get 0% cpu usage on adventure games when nothing is moving.

If you have conversion requests, I'll take them.
-

JOTD
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Oh, you're the author of Amoric? Cool! I used to use that on my old 68k Amigas :-D

Well, if you ever want to contribute to Oricutron, i'd be honoured, but I guess you're a busy guy enough already...
barnsey123
Flight Lieutenant

Post by barnsey123 »

@jotd

Probably off topic but I love those conversions...the sound effects in Zorgon really made me laugh. Good stuff. :D
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

Xeron wrote: Well, if you ever want to contribute to Oricutron, i'd be honoured, but I guess you're a busy guy enough already...
Well, Oricutron is sooooo much better than Amoric (Amoric= patched ROMs, music but no noise, no floppy, no telestrat, loads of bugs & emulation inaccuracies...). Well it ran on rather slow Amigas, that's the good point.

For Oricutrion, I'd like to help, but I wonder what's missing in it and what I could do that you could not do.
barnsey123 wrote:@jotd

Probably off topic but I love those conversions...the sound effects in Zorgon really made me laugh. Good stuff. :D
Not that off topic since there's no such thing as Tap2exe, and my conversions are the closest thing to it, with added crazy sounds, so thanks anyway:)
-

JOTD
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

Hi,

BTW L'Aigle d'Or conversion is finally available, with precious help from Hialmar

http://jotd.pagesperso-orange.fr/oric_remakes.html

I'd love to see your comments on the new version.
-

JOTD
jotd
2nd Star Corporal

Post by jotd »

Hi again,

Now "Le Retour du Dr Genius" is available as a standard Windows executable (beta version) on the same webpage.

In work/almost working:

- Defence Force
- Scuba Dive
- Frelon
- Bering
- Esquive
-

JOTD